Join Early Retirement Today
spouse relationship after fire
Old 07-30-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets
spouse relationship after fire

I'm 47, no debt, 1.5mm+ NW, youngest child a freshman in high school. The countdown clock has started to which i'll pivot away from the office job and on to phase 2 of life. that said, my wife is still very engaged in her career and intends to work many more years. she gets a tremendous amount of satisfaction from her job. today, i'm a group manager, sizable income, stock options, country club membership, kids in private school, etc. you get the idea. thus, something of a dilema in that my spouse says she's supportive of walking away but i suspect it might create stress. She 100% supports LBYM by the way. very simple lady herself. regardless, it's something that gives me hesitation in pulling the rip cord a few years from now. I wonder if there are others of you that encountered a similar situation? How has it 'gone' post fire.

jtextiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #2
Welcome to the forum, jtextiger. That's a topic we discuss frequently around here, so you might want to search the archives for older threads. Hewre's one example: When one half is still working

You might want to stop by here to formally introduce yourself.

Beautiful town you live in. Hook 'em horns.

MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm getting close to being retired for 2 years while the DW continues to work. My retirement doesn't appear to bug her in the least...she does appreciate that there are few chores she needs to worry about.

By, YMMV since everyone is different.

Sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical errors.
Founder and Head Lounger @ The Life of Leisure Institute
Retired in 2014 @ The Ripe Age of 40.
ExFlyBoy5 is online now   Reply With Quote