Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Taking a paper loss - a different take
Old 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Yeah, the Prizm was a rebadged Corolla, and was built at the NUMMI plant in CA. Before the Prizm, Chevy had a Corolla clone called the Nova, which was sold from 1985-1988. I think they build Corollas, Matrixes, and Vibes at that NUMMI plant now.

Before the NUMMI venture, I think they either built Camaros or C/K pickups at that plant.
Andre1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2005, 10:50 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Yes, Prizm=Corolla. That is why I bought it. Corolla was supposed to be the most reliable car in America and the Prizm is a cheaper Corolla (on the used-car market, at least). I shopped up and down I-5 in two states using carfax.com to check out Prizms. In the end, I bought one from the Enterprise used car lot in north Seattle, got exactly what I wanted for a price lower than any I had looked at before and got a good maintenance history, too. We have bought two vehicles from this same place and are very happy with them. I understand that Enterprise sells their cherries and sends the others to auction. When we bought a Windstar there, I bought a factory drive train warrantee and am glad I did. When the tranny blew, the price of the warrantee was less than half what a tranny would have cost me. The next time we lost a tranny (we travel a LOT), I had it repaired in Canada, for about the same savings.

I am generally happy with Enterprise, too, which is why we were dealing with them. "Your milage may vary." Enterprise has started selling their vehicles in Canada, too (Sarnia and Endmonton, that I know of). No experience with them up here except renting (good weekend deals in Calgary!).

Ed