Tales from a botched reorg

whiteboard
4d0FE.jpg

We had a real doozy of an email today from the grand poohbah. First a bunch of chit chatty nonsense about their kids and what they had for dinner last night, then a bunch of blowsy "how about if" nonsense about scheduleing meetings to end 5 mintues before the next meeting. WTF? Everyone I know here sat around looking at each other dumbfounded when we read this one.

We had a real doozy of an email today from the grand poohbah. First a bunch of chit chatty nonsense about their kids and what they had for dinner last night, then a bunch of blowsy "how about if" nonsense about scheduleing meetings to end 5 mintues before the next meeting. WTF? Everyone I know here sat around looking at each other dumbfounded when we read this one.
Did anyone actually see how he was doing, or even where he was, at the time he was writing the e-mail?

Pretty subtle for this crowd... are we gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into Storage B?

Did anyone actually see how he was doing, or even where he was, at the time he was writing the e-mail?

Speculation is that perhaps the poohbah's email account was hacked and someone else maybe sent this gibberish out as a prank.

Given the increasingly personal nature of some of the comments, we are wondering is the next email will include details of the next trip to the toilet.

Got to print all these out and take them home for the book project. Never have a better source of material.

My only comment is that you are luck that you only have a single grand poobah. I work for a small company and I have a grand poobah family running the place. Husband, Wife, BIL,SIL, DD,Son.

Fortunately I only work PT and they pretty much leave me alone as I just program their computers.

I heard privately about two more departures so far this week. A friend admitted she has heard about so many bailouts that she does not even react.

They are trying to get me to interview 5 applicants in the next week, perhaps one of which is qualified (and they probably make a lot more than this place would pay).

Will the last employee to quit please turn out the lights?

We have had 7 showings and one follow up on the house in 2 1/2 weeks. Its the most competitively priced house in the zip code, so just a matter of time.

Hang in there brewer. I'm sure your home will sell.

My contempt for this clown show only grows, if you can imagine that.

I have heard zero about where to turn in my laptop, keys, ID, etc. in a place that claims to take security very seriously. Now that I am 3 days from my last day in the office, I finally called the front line folks to ask what I should do. Turns out this is the first they have heard of me leaving (name not on the list) despite the fact that my chain of command has known for roughly 6 weeks. WTF? Are so many people running out the door that the processing is getting overwhelmed? Or is this just just the usual astounding level of organizational incomepetence?

Tempting...

If nothing else, I would get a free laptop out of it.

Or is this just just the usual astounding level of organizational incomepetence?[/QUOTE]

I'll choose the above.

Just three more days? That is incredible. I'll miss the updates, though. Congrats again on your escape and new life out West. I at least hope we'll get to hear a couple of highlights of the "Prairie Schooner" style trip out there with the family.
Maybe they can't keep up with the flood of exits?

My contempt for this clown show only grows, if you can imagine that.
I have heard zero about where to turn in my laptop, keys, ID, etc. in a place that claims to take security very seriously. Now that I am 3 days from my last day in the office, I finally called the front line folks to ask what I should do. Turns out this is the first they have heard of me leaving (name not on the list) despite the fact that my chain of command has known for roughly 6 weeks. WTF? Are so many people running out the door that the processing is getting overwhelmed? Or is this just just the usual astounding level of organizational incomepetence?
Tempting...
If nothing else, I would get a free laptop out of it.
Whadda they gonna do, chase you out to the Rockies? Say mean things about you to your new boss?

Thousands of Young Dreamers are counting on you to remind them of why they're saving for ER. This thread is a clarion call to action.

We're also really really looking forward to your "tell all" book... and if you could arrange for it to come out in 2016 just before the elections, so much the better.

Brewer, be sure to post the video of the encounter between you and the front line if they try to quash your transfer now that they have wind of it.

Brewer, be sure to post the video of the encounter between you and the front line if they try to quash your transfer now that they have wind of it.

Oooo... to be a fly on the wall for that interaction if it occurred.

Have a safe trip brewer.

DD

I had one of those meetings in a corporate downsizing. Wink-wink we really don't want you to go! I say OK what incentive will you provide for me staying? They say Nothing Why? I say because the golden handshake package is very attractive.

We sawed off on my staying three extra months to handle the breakage. It worked out well. I only had 2 months off before my first consulting contract started.

This morning I have had a series of 3 emails that only left me shaking my head:

1. we need your resignation letter.
2. never mind, we have it (WTF, I never wrote one)
3. oh wait, we need it immediately.

To top it off, I am transferring, not resigning.

To top it off, I am transferring, not resigning.
At this point I'd be wondering whether they know something that you haven't been told yet.

Nah, never mind, incompetence & stupidity is a much more logical reason than conspiracy.

The exit interview was both amusing and brought up a bunch of repressed anger. The interviewer let slip that someone I know witha similar name is leaving for a "competitor," perhaps a month after fully vesting in pension and 401k.

The exit interview was both amusing and brought up a bunch of repressed anger. The interviewer let slip that someone I know witha similar name is leaving for a "competitor," perhaps a month after fully vesting in pension and 401k.

A whole month:confused: :dance:

An exit interview for a transfer is not common in my experience. Odd. If you were changing Fed agencies then the current agency would be terminating your employment and the new agency would be hiring you when technically it is a transfer - under that circumstance an exit interview would be appropriate. FYI, if they don't know why you and others are leaving then any explanation on your part is senseless. Better just to say 'family reasons' and move on.

FYI, if they don't know why you and others are leaving then any explanation on your part is senseless. Better just to say 'family reasons' and move on.

I know that, but it still felt good to tell them what hopeless losers they are.

Back
Top Bottom