The D.R.

MMM

Dryer sheet wannabe
Looking for advice on the Dominican Republic. Would like to buy a small 10-20 room hotel on or near the water(on the water). I like to boat so on the water gives me a reason to go play once and awhile.
Please shower me with information on the D.R.. Gas prices, tourist #'s, anti-American? Anything that you think would help with making up my mind. Price of electric?

Thanks,

MMM

Just curious, why the DR? There are nicer places to do what you want to do, IMO.

I first wanted to try Peru (family reasons) But got sick every time I went.

The D.R. is close and affordable. P.R. is not cheap and I didn't like the island that much. I like Venezuela but the distance and friction between countries took that off the table. Looking at Panama but have not been as of yet.
Open for offers/recommendations. Willing to listen but something within a few hrs. of the U.S. coast is nice. Something with a U.S. influence is nice. Something with U.S. tourist nice as well.

I'm listening, (Maine is out) to cold. I'm in NJ now.

Thanks,

How about Puerto Rico? There are areas in t he west and south parts of the island t hat might fit the bill.

If I had been a little smarter and had a little more money, I would have bought a hunk of land in Vieques in 2001 after we went there for the first time. Oh well. Maybe the RE market will crash bad down there...

brewer12345 said:
How about Puerto Rico? There are areas in t he west and south parts of the island t hat might fit the bill.

If I had been a little smarter and had a little more money, I would have bought a hunk of land in Vieques in 2001 after we went there for the first time. Oh well. Maybe the RE market will crash bad down there...

Not to mention that PR is a US territory. There is something to be said for that! What did you like about Vieques:confused: I have not heard of it before.

Vieques is an island of the coast of P.R. the U.S. Navy used it for target practic for a while. Might be some heavy metal around.
Lets get back on track here.

I'm looking for a place to open /operate a small waterfront hotel/inn.
Thanks in advance.

MMM

Back
Top Bottom