Join Early Retirement Today

The dream of early retirement and saving my health.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
Dryer sheet wannabe

The dream of early retirement and saving my health.

I don't want to retire literally, I just want to find my dream job without stress without, stupid, bullying, hatred coworkers those consume my mental and physical health, I want to work in a job I like with people I love or without people at all.

Currently I work and make earn moderate salary, I don't love my job, it is so repetitive and boring, It is not the job that I wait for the weekend to pass to return to the office, I don't feel comfortable at all with my coworkers, specially someone of them.

My dream really is to work alone but I really don't know how, life is so difficult and tough.

How to earn the same money or more with out setting in office five days a week 9am to 5pm taking orders from managers the whole day and interacting with people I don't like, how to survive. The issue is clearly in money, If I find another way to earn I will not hesitate for a moment to resign.

I fed up and about to get mad from this type of work, I became weak from staying strong.

Anyone suffers from the same here?
Any suggestions, alternatives?

Thanks

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #2

Staying where you are will kill you as certain as a bullet or knife, only more slowly.

I'm not an engineer so I don't know about finding jobs in that field but you need to get yourself out of the situation that you're in. For starters, I'd suggest the book "What Color is Your Parachute?". It is a book for job seekers and career changers and is updated every year, has been for decades.

If you do the exercises in the book that will give you a better idea of what is important to you and what is not. Too many people suffer and die in jobs they hate just because they pay well. That is no way to live.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
Dryer sheet wannabe

I agree with you although I don't really understand how this book will help me.
The problem is that you may don't like your job but you love your coworkers and enjoy being with them, and you may like your job and don't like your coworkers, also you may love both the job and the coworkers, but hating both the job and the coworkers are really so miserable situation.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #4

If you're looking for a perfect world good luck with that. No job I've ever heard of is perfect and all will have a "bad day" now and then.

But reading the book will help you assess what is the more important parts, creativity at your job, independence, value to society, workplace environment, and the like. If, for example, a short commute is not important to you then you would place less emphasis on that than independence at work. For someone else those two criteria might be reversed in importance.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

If you are doing something you don't like and prefer to work alone, you may want to consider your own small business. I remember feeling the exact same way as you about 12 years ago. I could not stand it. I read a lot of books to figure out small business and freelance things I would love to do. I started my own small biz about 10 years ago doing something that I love and in an industry that is wonderful, fun, and supportive. It was a lot of hard work and I had to transition from full time day job to part time day job before I could finally quit my old career after about 3 years in business. Now I still have my business but outsource a lot and have a few wonderful employees so that I consider myself semi-retired at this point. A great website I learned a lot from is changingcourse.com. Don't think you are stuck in a crap job forever. There are so many opportunities out there.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolitoo View Post
I agree with you although I don't really understand how this book will help me.
The book helps you match your skills/strengths with jobs that use those skills. Then you can make a plan to get a better match. Goal is to get a better match which leads to more satisfaction and a better income. Then you can save your money and become FI and do what you want. Most things that people love to do don't pay enough to pay the bills, so you have to compromise some.

For example, if you like caring for people then you can become a nurse. That requires getting a degree (associates or RN) and then getting a job. You can make a plan and figure out how to get the education required and how to make the transition from your current job. Some things about being a nurse stink, but that is the same for every job.

Unfortunately there are no jobs "by yourself". Even solo entrepreneurs need to find clients and deal with them. They can be the worst people to work for. If you like making crafts maybe you can do an etsy business or something like that. If you pay for advertising maybe you only have to communicate with customers via email.

Anyhow, start saving money now, even $1 a day, so that you will have some of the funds required when you decide what your transition should be.

One thing I know is that bad attitude low productive people do not succeed in the business world. You need to find something that matches your strengths. I ended up in New Business Finance because I hated Sales and Accounting was too boring for me. My job has a good mix of different things I enjoy, but rarely the same thing twice. If you want to know exactly what you will do each week then become an accountant

I get up at 7 yeah, and I go to work at 9. Got no time for livin yes I'm workin all the time. Seems to me I could live my life a lot better than I think I am. I guess thats why they call me the Working Man.
DJRR is offline   Reply With Quote