Today's My Last Day!!!

Dreamer said:
Calgary Girl,

Is there a baby yet?  If so, you are probably too busy bonding with baby.  Just curious as to what sex and if everyone is doing fine.

Dreamer

No, no baby yet. :( Official due date was yesterday so I'm now one day late. Have a doctor's appt. tomorrow so I'm sure we'll be discussing whether or not I should be induced...fun times.

One day beyond the guessed delivery date?  Induced?  Ah, the dreams of a first time Mom!!   Pass on that option because the meds that get you going make you work harder than nature designed. 

Next round you will be wondering if they can suture the kid in until it can be potty trained.  ;)

Been there, done that.

Brat said:
One day beyond the guessed delivery date?  Induced?  Ah, the dreams of a first time Mom!!   Pass on that option because the meds that get you going make you work harder than nature designed. 

Yeah, I've heard that too. Up here they let you go about 10 days over before being induced so I'm hoping the kid makes it's own appearance before then!

Both of my babies were just a little early. My daughter was born the day before Thanksgiving. I think that the doctor had plans and did not want to wait around for my labor, so he speeded it up by medication. My daughter was born 9 minutes before midnight!

One interesting tidbit. My older sister has 5 children. Both of my children were born on one of her children's birthdays. I told her that I just wanted to show her that I could do whatever she could do and that I was not going to keep up with her though. She told me that I always was a copycat!!! :LOL:

Dreamer

Setab said,
My "babies" are 29 and 33 already and it seems like just yesterday that I stood in the delivery room and watched them being born. Enjoy every minute, time with your children goes so fast.

Ours are 18 and 20 today, but my experience was the very same.

I envy my wife who stayed home and watched them grow every minute of every day.

All the best!

Ed,
Down the road in City Centre, Cowtown, AB

Mine will be 25 in a week-and-a-half, but I'm still watching him grow up; he lives with me... :p

HFWR said:
Mine will be 25 in a week-and-a-half, but I'm still watching him grow up; he lives with me...  :p

LMAO! :LOL:

Mine will be 26 in a month. He's still trying to figure out what he wants to do when he grows up.

cube_rat said:
LMAO!   :LOL:

Mine will be 26 in a month.  He's still trying to figure out what he wants to do when he grows up. 

Cube: You are truly ahead of the curve on this one.

At your age, with a 26 year old you could probably win the least spred in age contest on the forum. :D

cube_rat said:
LMAO!   :LOL:

Mine will be 26 in a month.  He's still trying to figure out what he wants to do when he grows up. 

That boggles the mind, you don't look 40!

My little brother is 23, moved back home, has no job, but plenty of opinions. BS in Chemical Engineering from Columbia is doing him a lot of good. :p

Laurence said:
My little brother is 23, moved back home, has no job, but plenty of opinions.  BS in Chemical Engineering from Columbia is doing him a lot of good.  :p
**Snort.** He's not looking in the right places. Anyone capable of getting through a CE degree can get a job outside of the traditional refinery businesses. I know a lot of solar companies are looking for process-control engineers!

Is your mother-in-law still looking for someone to share housing expenses? Hmmmm...

The problem is he's not looking...at all! Gets up in the late morning, goes days at a time without ever putting shoes on, has now done some weird facial hair thing-zigzag beard thing like the movie "Joe Dirt". My Parents need to kick his butt. Anyone brings up the subject of working he slinks around it and finds a way to change the subject. Hey, why work? He ERed at age 22! :p

Laurence said:
My Parents need to kick his butt.  Anyone brings up the subject of working he slinks around it and finds a way to change the subject.  Hey, why work?  He ERed at age 22!  :p
I bet they're wondering how he'd be at caring for a 10-acre homestead...

My little brother is 23, moved back home, has no job, but plenty of opinions. BS in Chemical Engineering from Columbia is doing him a lot of good. Tongue

Yeah, dem Chemical Enjineeers is a lazy bunch. Is he waiting for someone to build a refinery in Central Park? :D (Don't tell him that there is a refinery in Hawaii!)

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
(Don't tell him that there is a refinery in Hawaii!)
Especially since it's only 10 minutes away from White Plains Beach.

Heck, he could probably surf off the refinery's pier during lunch hour...

Back
Top Bottom