What kind of ER is best?

scubamonkey

Recycles dryer sheets
I have had to work on a farm when I was small boy and dreamed of spare time to play. I worked through college and dreamed of time to play. Now I am two thirds throuigh this carreer (10 years to go to rule of 85 - at the age of 55) and dream of time to play. Question is - with all these years working, do I need to transition from full time work to part time - or can I go to full time play?

Based on the availible financial tools, I have will have taken care of the financial part.

I am hoping for play - but I kinda like making money now, especially since I am making more that I need.

Also, I guess the other reason I am asking is that I here that your health goes down after you quit working.

scubamonkey said:
Question is - with all these years working, do I need to transition from full time work to part time - or  can I go to full time play?
Well, you could do both... take an extended vacation (at least a month) and then see how you feel about going back to work part-time.

Or you could read the (admittedly biased) posts of others on this board who, in the vast majority, have retired and had little or no trouble making the transition.

scubamonkey said:
Also, I guess the other reason I am asking is that I here that your health goes down after you quit working.
Good grief, I hope not. I'm in the best shape of my life!

I wonder if you're hearing that from the people who need you to pay more Social Security & Medicare taxes.

You're even more responsible for your own health in ER than when working, so if you let it go then I guess your health could deteriorate after working. But I'd much rather surf & do martial arts than to have to go back to the military's concept of a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks Nords,

You know, I have worked with two ladies that retired early. It seems that they lost a bunch of weight - and they also seem to smilin' more.

I've been ER'ed 5 years and i'm still waiting for that 'play' part to materialize. I think its going to happen in about 19 years... ;)

Cute 'n Fuzzy Bunny said:
I've been ER'ed 5 years and i'm still waiting for that 'play' part to materialize.  I think its going to happen in about 19 years... ;)
Hey, whose choice was it to replace one high-powered career with two other careers equally as difficult?

Maybe we differ over our concepts behind the ER vocabulary "just screwin' around".

Back
Top Bottom