What's your Current Age/Retirement Age/Total working years

Current age: 61.5
Projected/goal retirement age: 62.5
Total working years : 45
I enjoy my job hope I don't miss it. Lots of outside interests.
Very small pension mostly self funded and real estate

Retirement Age: 57
Years Working: 10
Pension: I'll have a pension equal to 1/3 of my salary.

I have been maxing out my 401k and Roth IRA for the past 10 years.

Current age is 58.75.
Retired at age 55.5.
Worked since I was a kid. Newspaper route, etc. Married @ 19... worked full time putting self thru college.
Pension status:
Me: Yes = CalPERS @ 57% of final comp. $53k yr w/ annual COLA of up to 5%
DW Yes = CalPERS of couple of hundred a month. (Worked YEARS as teacher's aide)
Me: Social Security disability of $29k / year
Investments of $500k + House of $350k
Zero debt

modest lifestyle. For example, still have a tv with a PICTURE TUBE. Still works, don't need no stinkin flat screen tv. ONLY indulgence is DW has an '08 BMW Z-4. Mine is an '08 F-150.

Current age is 58.75.
Retired at age 55.5.
Worked since I was a kid. Newspaper route, etc. Married @ 19... worked full time putting self thru college.
Pension status:
Zero debt

modest lifestyle. For example, still have a tv with a PICTURE TUBE. Still works, don't need no stinkin flat screen tv. ONLY indulgence is DW has an '08 BMW Z-4. Mine is an '08 F-150.

CalPERS seems to be in sound fiscal shape but, with the amount of Cali state debt, do you worry about your CalPERS pension?

Current age is 58.75.
Retired at age 55.5.
Pension status:
Zero debt

Wow. Tempted to make editorial comments. Just let me say a lot of people would love to have that sort of income outside saving and investments. May I ask if you also get insurance?

Last edited:
Current age is 60.
I retired at 56.
I worked 38 years.
I have a pension and DW will get one when she retires in june.

I am 48
I have been working full time 27 years and Part time (30 hours/week) for 6 years before that.
No Pension.
Plan on retiring within the next 5 years.

Current Age 43 I never really worked... unless you count a few part-time temporary jobs here and there over the years. I am a bit of an oddity here. I found the website when searching for something one day (can't remember what it was now) and liked it here so visit often.

Current Age 43 I never really worked... unless you count a few part-time temporary jobs here and there over the years. I am a bit of an oddity here. I found the website when searching for something one day (can't remember what it was now) and liked it here so visit often.
You didn't mention the age at which you retired, or plan/hope to retire at.

You didn't mention the age at which you retired, or plan/hope to retire at.

Well, my last "paying" job: I rang up McDonalds customers one summer between 10 and 11th grade. I guess that was pretty much the end of my working career. I mostly live a shiftless life on the road...

Current Age: 43
Projected Retirement Age: 43!
Total working years: ~20
Pension: No

Well, my last "paying" job: I rang up McDonalds customers one summer between 10 and 11th grade. I guess that was pretty much the end of my working career. I mostly live a shiftless life on the road...
Aaah, so visiting this early retirement site is a sort of vicarious pleasure for you, or do you consider yourself already semi-retired?

I see you have a few posts to your name and I do remember seeing you around here before, so I probably missed (or forgot) the posts in which you revealed your situation/philosophy of life.

I do not have any plans to work so I guess I am retired. It is just hard to think of myself as retired since I never really worked.

My great-grandfather owned a farm equipment business in the early 1900's. During the depression, he ended up with thousands of acres of land just outside a major city, most of which has been sold off as the city spread to the farmland. I was the only great-grandchild alive when he died (I was only a baby) and received an inheritance which grew a lot during the 70's. By the time I turned 18 and got most of it, I was in a position to be able to not work if I am reasonably frugal.

I enjoy the forum because there is such a huge knowledge base and nice friendly people. I also find the frugal mindset of this website very refreshing compared to many of my IRL friends.

I do not have any plans to work so I guess I am retired. It is just hard to think of myself as retired since I never really worked.

My great-grandfather owned a farm equipment business in the early 1900's. During the depression, he ended up with thousands of acres of land just outside a major city, most of which has been sold off as the city spread to the farmland. I was the only great-grandchild alive when he died (I was only a baby) and received an inheritance which grew a lot during the 70's. By the time I turned 18 and got most of it, I was in a position to be able to not work if I am reasonably frugal.

I enjoy the forum because there is such a huge knowledge base and nice friendly people. I also find the frugal mindset of this website very refreshing compared to many of my IRL friends.
Good to know - thanks for explaining. Your comments about not really working piqued my curiosity.

Current Age: 48
Projected Retirement Age: 53/55
Total working years: ~29 now
No Pension

Current Age: 54
Projected/Goal Retirement Age: 57
Total working years: 32+ PT during HS & college

Curious to hear everyone's current age, projected/goal retirement age, and total number of years worked when you hit your retirement age, and also if you are expecting a pension of any sort
It would have been interesting to add approximate lifetime earnings the the query.

You should redistribute your wealth to others.:D

Current Age: 54
Projected/Goal Retirement Age: 57
Total working years: 32+ PT during HS & college

You were in HS and college for over 32 years!?! And I thought my kids milked it.:rolleyes:

Yeah, my parents wouldn't spring for grad school so it was only 32 years. ;)

Oh wait, it says 32 plus part time in high school and college.

2 part answer
During the dotcom 90's age = 40's, projection was 55.
2013, age 56, projection 59-60, worked 38 years so far, no pension.

You should redistribute your wealth to others.:D

I am quite certain that I am not one of the wealthiest members on the board. I live very simply. Perhaps one of the wealthier members however... would like to redistribute some of their wealth to me so that I can raise my standard of living...
:flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom