What's your Current Age/Retirement Age/Total working years

Current age: 55

Projected/goal retirement age: 57 (earlier if investments go well or my employer decides to get rid of me :))

Total working years: 34 (not counting P/T in HS and College)

Pension: Yes

Current Age: 59
Retire Age: either 60, 61, or 62
Years of Service: 40 currently
Pension: Defined Benefit & SS

The real money though is in personal savings. :D

Current age: 56
Targeted retirement age: 70
No, I don't really belong on an early retirement forum, but I guess I can dream, right? As I posted in my introduction I suffer from "bag lady syndrome" and thus plan to work for awhile yet. No pension, although I do have some good savings accumulating. We'll see how I feel when I'm 65.

Current age: 32

Retirement age: 53

Years working: 27 ( took a few years off after college)

Pension: teehee, in my dreams

Here we go:

Current Age: 57

Retirement Age: 58 (43 working days to go, pun intended!)

Years working: 41 (since I was 16)

Pension: yes (60% COLA'd for me and DW who was class of 2012)

2013 is going to be a real good year! It's been a long time coming.

T-bird

Here we go:

Retirement Age: 58 (43 working days to go, pun intended!)

Years working: 41 (since I was 16)

Pension: yes (60% COLA'd for me and DW who was class of 2012)

2013 is going to be a real good year! It's been a long time coming.

T-bird

Congrats!

Current Age: 48

Retirement Age: 48 (1 June 2013)

Years working: 26 (30 counting the 4 years the Army paid me to go to college)

Pension: Yes - Military

I do not have any plans to work so I guess I am retired. It is just hard to think of myself as retired since I never really worked.

My great-grandfather owned a farm equipment business in the early 1900's. During the depression, he ended up with thousands of acres of land just outside a major city, most of which has been sold off as the city spread to the farmland. I was the only great-grandchild alive when he died (I was only a baby) and received an inheritance which grew a lot during the 70's. By the time I turned 18 and got most of it, I was in a position to be able to not work if I am reasonably frugal.

I enjoy the forum because there is such a huge knowledge base and nice friendly people. I also find the frugal mindset of this website very refreshing compared to many of my IRL friends.

So can you share with us how an 18 year old dealt with having control of a fortune. As a parent, I am really interested.

Current age: 45

Proj Retirement Age: 48

Years Working: 30

Pension: Yes - Military

Looking forward to 2015 (retiring from military & hoping to be a permament ER at that time)

Projected Retirement Age: 58

Years Working: 33

Pension: Small

Years Saving for FE : 19

For total number of years worked, I'm counting career years, not the gigs during high school or college.
Seems odd we can't include relevant employment in the tally. I included it in a separate heading. It took me several years in my career before I finally matched my "highschool / college gig" salary.

Current Age: 32
Projected/Goal Retirement Age: 40
Not Total working years: 6.75
Total actual working years: 16
Pension: No

Current age: 42
Retirement Age: 41
Years Working: 20
Pension: Yes - a small one (deferring but current value is about 5% of nest egg)

Now excited about what to try next! Set up LLC just for the occassional temporary contract assignment. I like keeping in touch with old MegaCorp folks from time to time. It is fun to work if/when you want to.

Current Age: 23
Projected/Goal Retirement Age: 35
Total working years: 9 (started worked on a farm when I was 14/ worked as much as possible)
Pension: Nope

Plan to fully fund 401k and roth ira while I'm still working my day job, but I have a rental house business that I'd like to go to full time for while.

Current Age: 60
Projected/Goal Retirement Age: 65 (1,794 days from today)
Total working years: 39 (not counting P/T in HS and College)
Pension: yes (FERS)

Current Age: 60
Projected/Goal Retirement Age: 65 (1,794 days from today)
Total working years: 39 (not counting P/T in HS and College)
Pension: yes (FERS)

Too bad it's not CSRS. At 60 yo, you must have just missed the cutoff.

Current age: 50
Retirement Age: 54-55
Years Working: 28
Pension: None

Might be able to retire now but DW doesn't want to watch expenses too closely and she likes her job a lot.

Back
Top Bottom