Work break with Dex - Sun burnt and cold

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Yes you can get sun burnt from reflected sunlight from snow.

I still haven't reached the summit.
These photos are taken at about 14K

Attachments

• DSCF1639.JPG
    DSCF1639.JPG
    626.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1641.JPG
    DSCF1641.JPG
    626.1 KB · Views: 14
Can also get snow blindness, hope you have sunglasses. Great going. Pay attention to fingers, toes, frostbite ain't funny. Splendid views.

Yes you can get sun burnt from reflected sunlight from snow.

I still haven't reached the summit.
These photos are taken at about 14K

Dex, you are in luck... Not many folks get the chance to wear personalized eyewear- here is the newest model from Nike-

the DEX (no kidding!)

"Nike - DEX - Classic metal eyewear with the DNA of performance. "

Attachments

• nike dex.jpg
    nike dex.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 139
I feel tired just looking at the photos. Good for you, Dex.

This is an off day back at the RV park - warm and sunny day.
I was wearning sunglasses and carrying snowshoes - not needed - I was following another hikers trail. The total time was about 8 1/2 hrs round trip and I was breathing hard for most of that. Near the top I was leaning on my trekking poles for support and to pull me up.
I was just too tired and the trail was too steep and covered with snow to continue.
The weather might have changed to a bit warmer in the mountains.
I will get to the top - only a question of when.
Enjoying it - hell yea - trouble free movement - great views - fresh air - nature - and the challange.
Doing this in the cold is much more challanging than in the summer.

Wearing the proper clothing is difficult - when you are moving you can get too warm and sweat. Then you stop or clouds appear overhead and you get cold add the altitude change and it get complicated.

I gotta hand it to you Dex. The biggest mountain I ever climbed was Mt. Katahdin in Maine (4,292 feet). It was a struggle and I was in my early 20s at the time! No comparison to your accomplishment. I am in awe.

I'll betcha he's using his cell phone (or PDA or Blackberry) to text to someone (or something) transmitting it to this web site.
Did I guess right? :D

Too complicated.
Digital camera - next day upload to ASUS EEE - then post.

Too complicated.
Digital camera - next day upload to ASUS EEE - then post.

c'mon Dex, let us live vicariously thru your adventure!....

how about the photos were taken with a high resolution captured soviet spy camera, encrypted by your sat phone, uploaded via a satellite burst transmission thru a NSA gesynchronous orbit satellite, downloaded to a secure underground CIA data center, decrypted and couriered to your office by heavily armed ninja bicyclists, loaded onto your computer, then posted on FIRE by your former midget beauty queen nymphomaniac executive assistant? :D

Sounds a lot more exciting than... Digital camera - next day upload to ASUS EEE - then post.

Back
Top Bottom