Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #121
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
OK, I've jumped on the OP a couple times with both feet in this thread, so I'm going to back him up on this one. -ERD50
A trampoline comes to mind.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #122
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Texas View Post
Well, then, let's try this.

Poor OP. The workplace is terrible because he didn't have any say on picking his boss. I understand why he crashes meetings - because the people in the meetings are so clueless about the business it was up to him to save the place. He is such a valuable employee, after just two years, that the new bosses take him to lunch and tell him how much they value his input into running the business.

It's no wonder he's changed his story throughout this thread because the details were too difficult to manage. We were just too dumb to follow his evolving story.

Feel better now? He'll be looking for a job within three months.
It is not about whether the OP is "right" or "wrong". It is about treating other people as you would want to be treated yourself.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #123
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Well, Travelover, looks like your are wrong again! By the way, if I screw up, as it appeared the OP was saying in his first post, I would expect to be treated just like I posted!
If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #124
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I find it interesting that even though I attached no names to the comment quoted below, you take my lack of empathy observation so personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
+1
I'm amazed at the tone of some forum members. What ever happened to empathy?
Old 05-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #125
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
When i I took an employee out to lunch, it was usually a "put up or shut up" situation. If I wanted to "thank" an employee, I took them & their peers out for beers (I also let it drop who was responsible for the free beer).
Holy crap. I used to have lunch with my boss five times a week and dinner and beers another 1-2 times. I must not have gotten the hint!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #126
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
It is not about whether the OP is "right" or "wrong". It is about treating other people as you would want to be treated yourself.
I expect people - friends and co-workers - to be forthright with me. I'm not going to mollycoddle someone just because they post on this board.

I cannot get over the arrogance he has regarding his importance in the workplace. There is one little item that seems to have been buried in all the verbiage. He attended a two hour meeting uninvited. That means he was away from his assigned duties for the duration of the meeting. Oh, and then he has to work overtime to get things done.

I would not be surprised at all if the sole purpose of the lunch meeting was damage control on the side of the business. I'd want to know how much of a problem an employee would present to the company. So while I may be having small talk at lunch and appear interested in your ideas, I'm figuring out how much damage you could cause and how I can mitigate it in the short term. The long term solution is obvious.

A younger person could be told to cut the crap. It's more difficult to do that with an older person, especially one who feels entitled.

Three months.
Closed Thread