Young Dreamers Meet!

kaudrey

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi,

Just wanted to share - I met SecondCor521 the other week here in my home turf of Washington, DC. He was in town visiting family and I suggested dinner one night.

It was fun. We went to one of my favorite places - Jaleo's. It's a spanish tapas place with good sangria.

I like meeting internet friends - have met some Fools, a few people from Fodor's etc. Now I have a face to go with the name 2Cor521! We of course talked about our grand plans to FIRE, and since I can't do that with most of my "real" friends, it was very cool.

If anyone else is ever in DC, let me know!

Karen

I live in Rockville, MD. I like the more suburb-ish of Rockville than the city. It's a little further away from everything, but still close because of metro.

Karen,

Believe it or not I just saw this post!

Yep, it was fun to meet you too, and Jaleo's was a really nice restaurant.

Thanks again for the invite, and I hope your car is doing better ;-)

2Cor521

Karen,

Believe it or not I just saw this post!

Yep, it was fun to meet you too, and Jaleo's was a really nice restaurant.

Thanks again for the invite, and I hope your car is doing better ;-)

2Cor521

2Cor - yes, it's better now, $1400 later! :p

next time u guys meet. May i join in:confused:

ER is the things that i can NOT talk to friends around. just internet friends only.

enuff

Sure, as long as you like tapas and sangria ;-)

2Cor521

Darn, sorry I missed it. I live in Rockville, MD. ER is also something my friends and business colleagues don't understand. They're all chasing the almighty dollar (with many spending it quite quickly on shiny new cars, McMansions, and the like).

woohoo. More Rockville people. I work right off of Shady Grove Rd near 270. I'm pretty busy before and after work w/ the kids, but lunch anyone?

- Alec

OK, so next time anyone visits DC, we'll post an announcement on here and make a party!

Or, if no one is visiting for a while, we may have to set up a DC get-together!

Karen

Hello Kaudrey (and all of my fellow ER board members :) ).

I've been busy over the past few weeks, and am actually relocating to the DC metro area (actually, also looking for places to live in Alexandria, and am finalizing my negotiations on a job in Old Town). So, definitely either update this post or place a new one for the next DCER group! :)

Perhaps we could model it after the professional organizations, and require each member to gain 10 or 15 ER Freedom Experience Units (FEUs) each year (or some other creative anachronism...couldn't think of what CRAP or other funny anachronisms could stand for :) )
FEUs
1 Sleep in on a weekday for at least 2 hours
2 Attend every local ER chapter event for that year
4 Talk a person into joining the ER forum and seeing the ER light
30 Take a 6 month sabatical
100 Tell your boss from hell where they can really shove that report before walking out the door for the last time

Moorebonds- that sounds too much like w*rk! :)

But welcome to Alexandria, I really enjoy living here. Let me know where you end up!

Karen

Moorebonds, I'm in Alexandria as well. If you're looking to rent in Old Town, I can tell you a townhouse to stay away from. The landlord is terrible. I just moved out of there and bought my first house in Rosemont. So much better.

Cripes, I was just in DC for my old job :(

Anyone in the PNW?

You DC people having all the fun. I feel left out :( But if any of you guys are passing through Atlanta, let me know. I'll even buy the first round ;)

Hi there! Another DC Metro local here... Old Tow Alexandria too! Small world! My husband 'Bearkeley' and I used to be on this board a lot, but things have been crazy lately with work, so we haven't been around in awhile. I love sangria, so please pm me too if you guys decide to get together again!

Ninja - we plan to be in Atlanta over the next 3 months and we'll be sure to pm you too. There are a few Atlanta folks on this board...xman is one worth pm-ing. I haven't met him but plan to when we visit Atlanta!

Live in tysons

I live and work in Tysons Corner area. Nice place to make money and save for early retirement, but would not want to retire here.

i like to join the party. anytime u guys get together in DC area, please include me.

enuff

Hmm. Maybe someone can organize a meeting so people meet every other month or every third month. That way it wont be to demanding on peoples schedule. Over at the Vanguard forums, people meet on the third Sunday of every odd-numbered month.

It's getting cold... where could we meet? At a coffee house? a diner? Barnes and Nobles? bar?

When it gets warm and nice it'll be great to meet at some outdoor cafe somewhere, but there should be lots of good places to meet still.

What days work best for people? Weekends? Weekdays after w*rk if people w*rk close by?

Back
Top Bottom