Apostrophes Stripped Out

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've now noticed about five threads in which apostrophes have been removed from quotes from articles. I'm on my iPod now, or I'd give links and do some experimenting. Is this a known problem?

I think I've found them......on a variety of threads, on this and other sites, they seem to unnecessarily appear whenever the poster inserts a word that end in an 's'.

I've now noticed about five threads in which apostrophes have been removed from quotes from articles. I'm on my iPod now, or I'd give links and do some experimenting. Is this a known problem?

Can you point out some specific examples?

I think what Al is saying is that when someone copies an article or something from another source there is some funky gibberish instead of an apostrophe.

But then again I could be wrong...

OK, found one in the thread "How did this guy get invited?"

Attachments

• image-4214025602.png
    image-4214025602.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
An experiment:

Let’s have one good meal here. Let’s make it a feast. Then I ask you, I plead with you, I beg you all, walk out of here with me, never to come back. It’s the moral and ethical thing to do. Nothing good goes on in this place. Let’s lock the doors and leave the building to the spiders, moths and four-legged rats.

Back
Top Bottom