"Canadian Only" Subgroup or Topics

e86s54

Recycles dryer sheets
As a Canadian, our retirement needs are somewhat different (like health care & finance rules).

Much of what I'm reading is more American based and so some of the calculations or comments don't fully or accurately apply.

Would it not make sense to have a Canadian sub-forum?

Thanks!

E86S54

Or maybe a separate one for those from Quebec..:D

Or maybe a separate one for those from Quebec..:D

And break it down further based on where you park your Ski-Doo! One for those who park in the yard, one for those who park on the porch and one for those who park in the living room :LOL:

Well if you get your own forum sub-group, we want one just for Southerners...where we can talk about grits and NASCAR and properly worded wedding invitations that aren't, you know, tacky.

Well if you get your own forum sub-group, we want one just for Southerners...where we can talk about grits and NASCAR and properly worded wedding invitations that aren't, you know, tacky.

OK, if that made sense. But what I'm saying is, how would you feel if 60% of everything you read on this forum is not really applicable. On the topic of finance, I would raise that to 80%. So perhaps you can see where I'm coming from.

Lastly, I participate on about 8 different forums on many topics from business to hobbies. 7 out of 8 have the subgroups broken down in areas...like South-West, North-East, Canada, EU, etc. That way it makes it easier for people to pinpoint what is most relevant and thus makes the board easier to use (and that should drive more traffic to your site and thus revenues) and allow advertisers to target their audience better.

It's a great board that could be made better and would not really cost you anything to do! Sounds like a no brainer.

E86S54

Sarah, they are very sensitive up there. You should be more careful. And for heaven's sake, don't make fun of the Queen, the marijuana leaf on the flag, or suggest that the government would require that any Canadian subforum be translated into English and French.

e86s54,
Sorry, you'll probably be subjected to a few more wise*ss jabs before someone in authority gives you a real answer to your good question.

Last edited:
e86s54, have you ever been south of the Mason-Dixon line? Not only do they want their own forum, they wanted their own country about 150 years ago :) .

Sarah, they are very sensitive up there. You should be more careful. And for heaven's sake, don't make fun of the Queen, the marijuana leaf on the flag, or suggest that the government would require that any Canadian subforum be translated into English and French.

e86s54,
Sorry, you'll probably be subjected to a few more wise*ss jabs before someone in authority gives you a real answer to your good question.

Sam, you SO busted me...I thought that if my first joke went over so well, another one was likely to meet the same fate. Sometimes it is hard to remember that I am potentially "someone in authority"...egad!

But seriously, it is a good suggestion. Stand by for the more mature among us to reply in a more professional way.

And for heaven's sake, don't make fun of.......... the marijuana leaf on the flag,
We're proud of that. Canada's economy has a large agricultural component and marijuana is our largest cash crop (by value).

Last edited:
OP, You could set up a group from your profile page, I've seen a couple of those for other sub-topics but they tend to be inactive.

Sometimes members set up threads for Canadian topics, for instance:

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f44/canadian-income-trusts-35576.html

I recall another thread I couldn't find by searching here, I believe it was about Canadian investment picks but IIRC, it went dormant a long time ago.

Where I live, we HAD our own country 170 years ago...
Oh, maybe you haven't heard the news . . .

Texas Constructs U.S. Border Wall To Keep Out Unwanted Americans

texas_article_large.article_large.jpg

The Texas-U.S. border wall will protect Texans from foreigners who do not share their beliefs and customs.

WICHITA FALLS, TX—Calling it an essential step toward securing the Texas border and protecting his people's way of life, Gov. Rick Perry announced Tuesday the completion of a 1,953-mile wall designed to keep out millions of unwanted Americans.
ccording to Perry, the 75-foot-high barricade running along the northern boundary is the culmination of more than 160 years of escalating tensions between Texas and the United States.
Though a protective barrier has been under consideration for decades, the Texas Legislature voted unanimously to begin construction on the project immediately following the 2008 presidential election.
Texas-wall-map-redo.jpg

I thought there was going to be a wall through the middle of Austin for the US/non-US areas. And the capitol is moving to Comfort.

Wow...I just realized that I'm posting on a forum of people with time on their hands! :) I can't believe how quickly this one got out of hand. Sarah...my second post was a joke too...I guess we need to work on them.

Back to lurking (AKA not working).

E86S54

It takes us no time at all to get out of hand, e86. You should see what happens when someone mention bacon. Or pancakes. Or god forbid, wheat bread. Lots of time on our hands! :)

Sam, you are a bad one! That is from the Onion.com, which is way funnier than the real news!

Check again, it is real (in my head), anyway, it works for me, that is, in summer. I don't even venture off as far as Sact'o or Stockton in summer.

But your suggestion will definitely be considered, e86, in spite of the above posts re bacon and the South--and don't go back to lurking!

Wow...I just realized that I'm posting on a forum of people with time on their hands! :) I can't believe how quickly this one got out of hand. Sarah...my second post was a joke too...I guess we need to work on them.

Back to lurking (AKA not working).

E86S54
Lurking is no fun. Stick around. :flowers:

I think your request was a very valid one. It would achieve 2 things - make reading through numerous posts to find detail so much easier for Canadian specific Q&A, and it would be a great repository for non-Canadians to find info for comparison. I have read the threads with "Canadian xxxxx" in the title for my own personal interest.

Not only do I know what grits are, I actually like them. :D

Isn't NASCAR that thing where everyone keeps turning left* at really high speeds? :hide:

*Jeff Dunham joke

Back
Top Bottom