Can't stay logged in

happy2bretired

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Is anyone else having problems staying logged in? I haven't really been following all the problems or any of the threads for about 2 days now. All I know is I'm having a hard time staying logged in. I sign in, then get ready to read some posts and look at the top of the page and it shows the boxes to log in again. :( I'm surprised that I've gotten this far posting this question.

h2r, this is the first report I've seen of this problem. None of the symptoms we saw from the hackers last week involved log-in issues.

Is anyone else having problems staying logged in? I haven't really been following all the problems or any of the threads for about 2 days now. All I know is I'm having a hard time staying logged in. I sign in, then get ready to read some posts and look at the top of the page and it shows the boxes to log in again. :( I'm surprised that I've gotten this far posting this question.

Yes! Sometimes when I navigate to another area (eg. from UserCP to Portal, I get logged out inadvertently. This I've noticed the past week or so.

I am using a Mac with Safari, if that makes any difference. I recently disallowed cookies too...would that have made a difference?

Without a cookie, the browser will not carry session data forward. You'll have to log in every time the browser re-launches.

Thanks!! I think you fixed me up. I disallowed the cookies since there has been some problems and caused more problems for myself. Thanks again!:greetings10:

Actually, now it won't keep me logged in unless I hit the box 'remember me' - I didn't have problems like this before - was something turned off/on? I don't like to leave a trail like that and do log in separately everytime. I use Mozilla Firefox. Canyou please check and see what changed?

Thanks

Have you have any updates to your security / virus protection or browser software in the last couple of days?

No, not when I wrote the post - I went ahead and had it remember me and it did....Thanks for responding.

This happens to me too. I log in, hit Quote to reply to someone's post, but when I have finished writing (which sometimes takes me a considerable time) and hit Preview, I get a window that says I'm not logged in, and even worse, what I wrote has disappeared. I can't get my text back by using the "Back" button. It just gives me the "you are not logged in" window over and over again. It's extremely frustrating!

I am using a Mac with OS 10.5.8, Safari browser 4.0.4, and my cookie setting is "Accept cookies only from sites I visit". Plugins, Java and JavaScript are enabled, but popups are blocked.

Back
Top Bottom