Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #141
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddythebeagle View Post
I didnt "try" to...I did...
How about that...a beagle with the nose of a bloodhound. Azmazing!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #142
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
I didn't read much of the post/thread that started all this. I thought it was a plug for dividend growth investing. I think DG investing is a reasonable option and nobody jumps on Cycling_investor for advocating it.
What am I missing?
Sorry folks, I stumbled on this site: Retire Early Home Page - Index

Now I know where you're coming from.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #143
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
Sorry folks, I stumbled on this site: Retire Early Home Page - Index

Now I know where you're coming from.
You can get a play by play of this entire thread by ***** here:
Retire Early Home Page - Dividend Stocks

I am hoping that if ***** clicks on this link parallel universes will collide and he will disappear.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #144
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaddle View Post
FWIW, the "can I take my content with me" wasn't so much a crybaby thing as a real question. We contribute our content freely to this site so that AndyR can make some moolah. Does it seem fair to let him continue making moolah from you if you no longer need his services?
The reason you contribute is so AndyR can make money? That's a new one. I contribute out of interest, entertainment and education. I could just lurk and read, but I believe if I can give reasonable answers to others' questions, they will be more likely return the favor to me, and we'll all get something out of it.

Perhaps AndyR set up this site to make money, or perhaps he set it up for his own interests, and found advertisers so he could covers his costs and maybe compensate for his time. I have no idea how big of a moolah maker this is for him. If he can make money off my posts that I've freely contributed of my own accord, good for him, and it sounds perfectly fair to me that any of my old posts, which certainly have diminishing value with time, if they ever had any. And the ads do not get in my way, so I appreciate the free service.

I see nothing in the registration section that gives him the rights to your posts, so if you want to leave and delete them, that's your right. If you really think it's worth your while. I'm not sure the site would suffer too much without them. I don't think you have any right to demand he delete them for you, though I suspect it's not that hard for him or a moderator to do if they wanted to accomodate you.

I think I understand your overall point (who couldn't with how many times you've repeated it), and agree somewhat, except I like how these forums are more spam and attack free than most sites I've seen. So I don't mind the early detection of posters who have been banned before, and it seems that much of it has been on target. I haven't been here that long to know all the issues, but I don't see a problem with how this site is run and moderated.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:31 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
I think I understand your overall point (who couldn't with how many times you've repeated it)
Hey, I was actually done making my point about 10 pages ago, but then somebody would come along and say "so you're saying...." and I'd feel obligated to correct them.

I was hoping AndyR would clarify some copyright issues for me. My impression is that we users hold copyrights for our individual works. When the site changed ownership, AndyR would have liked us to grant him a license to distribute our works. But we never really did, and certainly not for the content prior to the ownership change.

In other words, I just wanted to yank his chain.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:36 PM   #146
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaddle View Post
In other words, I just wanted to yank his chain.

We have learned that this can be a risky pastime, if you enjoy posting here.

Ha
Old 09-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #147
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
We have learned that this can be a risky pastime, if you enjoy posting here.

Ha
Yep - if you post - you not only don't own squat but you may not have said what you thought you said.

Luckily Mr Greaney out of the goodness of his heart - has provided a place on his forum so the H man can explain what you really meant when you said what you 'thought' you said.

Now - time for swearing and invective:

$3180 state and federal estimated tax, Dividend stocks suck!, dang foreigners!, National Grid booo!, I gotta pay by 9/17 and my 'Merger check is in the mail.'

And the Saints got STOMPED!, Stomped mind you by Tampa Bay.

Let's all come to Bernstein and TWD - google up 'The 15 Stock Diversification Myth'. And dump those DRIP's!

heh heh heh - maybe div stocks will look better tomorrow.

kurtoskewness my butt!
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #148

Yeah, probably not the best idea...to poke the new management with a stick....I for one, welcome the new robot overlords....
maddythebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #149

I forgot to thank you for that one, UM. I have my estimated taxes paid via the EFTPS, and it was linked to an account that didn't have enough cash balance to pay the taxes. I ran out the door as soon as you posted, and deposited some more money in that account so the EFT doesn't bounce to the IRS on Monday....
Old 09-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #150
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
And the Saints got STOMPED!, Stomped mind you by Tampa Bay.
kurtoskewness my butt!
Uh.. oh yeah, I was going to mention that to you in case you hadn't noticed .

Hey, work with me here. It could be the last victory we se this year.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote