ER Forum Contributions

Car-Guy

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Administrators/Moderators

I'm posting this as a topic rather than sending a private message to an administrator/moderator, in case other members may be interested.

I'm sure it must cost "something", other than volunteers times, to run this forum. Server space, mtce, software license fees, legal fees, etc. Can forum members contribute? (nickles, dimes and maybe a few dollars, anonymously of course :)) Money orders, cash, etc. If so, where do we send it? :angel:

Sorry if this has been discussed before but if so, I missed it or forgot, and I'm to lazy to try anything beyond a basic search.

Last edited:
I'm not against the concept of voluntary contributions, but my guess is that the ads that pop up probably cover server costs, etc?

How about killing two birds with one stone?

In order to be a forum member you have to set up an account using a credit card.
Then for every post you make a nickel is deducted from your account. That will fund the ongoing costs and also reduce the number of posts.

I hasten to add that I'm just kidding here.

Administrators/Moderators

I'm posting this as a topic rather than sending a private message to an administrator/moderator, in case other members may be interested.

I'm sure it must cost "something", other than volunteers times, to run this forum. Server space, mtce, software license fees, legal fees, etc. Can forum members contribute? (nickles, dimes and maybe a few dollars, anonymously of course :)) Money orders, cash, etc. If so, where do we send it? :angel:

Sorry if this has been discussed before but if so, I missed it or forgot, and I'm to lazy to try anything beyond a basic search.
You left out moderator salary, fringe benefits and stock options. :)

j/k

I'm not against the concept of voluntary contributions, but my guess is that the ads that pop up probably cover server costs, etc?
As Euro correctly points out, the cost to run the forum is covered by advertising.

In order to be a forum member you have to set up an account using a credit card.
Then for every post you make a nickel is deducted from your account. That will fund the ongoing costs and also reduce the number of posts.

Glad you added that part at the end or socca would have been all over that idea. :D

BCG's budget would sure take a hit under that plan.:LOL:

The owner of this forum is AndyR . I'd suggest sending him a PM, asking how to send a cash contribution to him.

Glad you added that part at the end or socca would have been all over that idea. :D

BCG's budget would sure take a hit under that plan.:LOL:

Im glad to see Im never too far from your mind. From your post count, Id say you need to pony up more than me.

Not true. I am a piker at 6.14 posts per day compared to your 13.84 posts per day... I'm less than half.

The easiest way to support the forum through a contribution is via the "donate" button on the output page of FIRECalc, which is also owned by AndyR. Clicking that button sends you here, where you can make a donation to the cause via PayPal.

The easiest way to support the forum through a contribution is via the "donate" button on the output page of FIRECalc, which is also owned by AndyR. Clicking that button sends you here, where you can make a donation to the cause via PayPal.
That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

We should be paid a nickel for each post. Each post creates the invaluable content that is sold.

Back
Top Bottom