Get rid of dryer sheet reference

Exactly right. And there's also the aspect of providing a support group for [-]a core group of old-time members[/-] people who don't take themselves too seriously.

Nothing really wrong with having a retirement forum for people who [-]are extremely frugal, but it would be a good idea just to say it in the description of the forum[/-] understand the concept of irony.

Fixed it for you.

but it would be a good idea just to say it in the description of the forum.

How would it be a "good" idea to narrow the focus of and/or discourage participation in this Forum? I have only been around for a short while but I have seen nothing that makes me believe there isn't room for all POVs here -- from those "fortunate ones" who have it "coming out the Wazoo" and, also, the thoughts of us poor Slobs who must spend with caution. In fact, that diversity is what makes it such a wonderful place to "while away the hours."

What am I missing?

[-]Fixed it for you.[/-] You know when you're taking yourself too seriously when you start to overwrite other people's words with your own.

I have only been around for a short while but I have seen nothing that makes me believe there isn't room for all POVs here
Not from what I've seen in this thread. But, again, the owners of the forum are entitled to have whatever type of forum they'd like and they're under no obligation to accept suggestions from newer members.

-- from those "fortunate ones" who have it "coming out the Wazoo" and, also, the thoughts of us poor Slobs who must spend with caution.
Everyone, regardless of their income or assets, has to spend with caution. There are just different degrees and different lifestyles.

Overall, I had no idea what a holy "core value" of the forum extreme frugality and recycled dryer sheets are. Had I known, I wouldn't have brought it up the topic in the first place.

BTW - Thank you to those who have written to me privately to say a kind word. Much appreciated. :)

Simple answer: NO.

By the way, you were on my 'ignore' list from 2 years ago and I had to take you off to quote your silly request. I think that says a lot.

Oh, and Hi Everyone! See you in a couple of years or the next time some nimnol on my ignore list thinks we ought to do away with one of the foundational building blocks of early retirement.

By the way, I still tear my dryer sheets in half and if my wife drops a used one on the floor of the closet I pick it up and throw it back in the dryer.

So get used to it, limited contribution, quickly ignored person! :cool:

one year and one day since his last post...:cool:

Her accent and smile mangle me. :)

I bought some of those balls, but when I saw them on a shelf I had forgotten what they were and tried to give myself a back massage with one. Those "specially designed nodes" are kind of harsh.

Ha

Recycles dryer sheets
is certainly liberal enough.

What about
Reuses paper towels,
Buys used yachts...

Two words: dryer balls
Ah, finally, a product that I can "support"!

Before REWahoo thinks of it, I should also say:
They actually work. I really do have [-]drier[/-] dryer balls. Five of them, in fact. In several interesting colors...

They actually work. I really do have [-]drier[/-] dryer balls. Five of them, in fact. In several interesting colors...

FIVE of them? :eek:

FIVE of them? :eek:
Well, we got a really good "package" deal. I usually use them two at a time, but one of them flamed out (so to speak).

Ba-dump-bump *clang*. I'll be here all folk, weeks. And, hey, try the borscht!

You didn't get what I was thinking, did you Nords?

Meadbh is apparently playing the quintuple-entendre version. Probably due to high Canadian inflation rates...

Very ballsy of you and Nords! :LOL:

Is that a dryer ball in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

What about
Reuses paper towels,
Buys used yachts...

See, that's what I like about this place. We're thinking along the same lines, just to varying degrees.

Keep the dryer sheet reference. It gives the newbies a way to break the ice, "So what's this about dryer sheets?"

Save even more money and make your own dryer balls! Make Your Own Wool Dryer Balls | How to Make and Do

And once you start using your Frugal Fruballs, you won't want to throw away those dryer sheets you no longer need--repurpose them! From 101 New Uses for Everyday Things - Real Simple:

Use Dryer Sheets to:

1. Freshen smelly shoes. Insert a dryer sheet into the offending pair and let sit overnight.
2. Remove static from clothing, hair, TV screens, and computer monitors. Wipe the surface with a sheet.
3. Clean pet hair from the floor or furniture. Rub a dryer sheet over the spot where Fluffy left her fur.
4. Replace a sachet. Keep a dresser drawer smelling fresh and clean by placing a dryer sheet on the bottom of it.
5. Loosen caked-on food from a pan. Place a fresh sheet in the bottom of a dirty pan, fill with lukewarm tap water, and let sit in the sink overnight. The pan will be easier to clean in the morning.
6. Tackle suitcase and gym-bag odors. Place a dryer sheet in your suitcase or gym bag so your clean clothes won’t take on the odors of the dirty ones.
7. Prevent old books from smelling musty when in storage. Stick a dryer sheet between the pages of your beloved copy of Pride and Prejudice.
8. Wipe up sawdust after working in the garage. Rub a dryer sheet over the fine wood particles.
9. Prevent thread from tangling when sewing. Run a threaded needle through a dryer sheet right before you begin your handiwork.
10. Dust venetian blinds. Close the blinds, then wipe up and down with a dryer sheet.

See, that's what I like about this place. We're thinking along the same lines, just to varying degrees.

Keep the dryer sheet reference. It gives the newbies a way to break the ice, "So what's this about dryer sheets?"

And the rest of us a quick screening tool for the "Ignore Poster" feature...

DD

I bet those 5 balls fit your pants like a glove :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom