How can I post to these forums?

Outdoor1

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi Admins, I tried to post something and can’t, not sure why, have been a lurking member awhile. Can somebody clear me to be able to post on the forums? Many thanks

You just did! :) -ERD50 (not an Admin)

Welcome aboard, friend. We look forward to hearing more about your and your retirement journey. If you know how to use private messages, you can always directly ask a mod or an admin any questions you might have about how to post and such. We're a friendly lot, so don't be shy.

You must have been successful at registering, we can see your post ! Welcome.

In case you forgot how you got there after you registered and posted the opening post here, the procedure to start a new thread/post is:

On the bar across the top near the left, click "Forums".

Scroll down, and select a sub-forum you wish to post to. This one is "Forum Admin", there is "Hi, I am...", "FIRE and Money", etc.

Towards the top left, click on "New Thread".

A text entry box should open up, enter your text and click "Submit New Thread"

Or - If you are posting to an existing thread, click "Post Reply" towards the top left. Or "Quote" on the lower right of a post that you want to quote and reply to.

-ERD50

Well, I just tried to start a new thread. Spent quite a while typing the details. Didn't realize I wasn't logged in. Logged in and the whole thing was erased.

Not going to try again now. I put too much effort into that one. I wish that the program had told me I couldn't create the thread BEFORE I spent so much time on it.

Well, I just tried to start a new thread. Spent quite a while typing the details. Didn't realize I wasn't logged in. Logged in and the whole thing was erased.

Not going to try again now. I put too much effort into that one. I wish that the program had told me I couldn't create the thread BEFORE I spent so much time on it.

I try to get in the habit of doing a Select-All, Copy before I submit, or while in the middle of a long reply, or one that's complex with a bunch of embedded quotes. If something hangs, you can start again and paste it back in.

Heaven forbid a single word of my wisdom/insight gets lost! :angel: :LOL:

-ERD50

I try to get in the habit of doing a Select-All, Copy before I submit, or while in the middle of a long reply, or one that's complex with a bunch of embedded quotes. If something hangs, you can start again and paste it back in.

-ERD50

Sorry to hear about your lost post. I've done the same thing. Now, if I have a post that I expect to be quite long, I will often compose it in a Word document and then copy and paste to the posting window here.

Outdoor-

I’d suggest you start by completing your profile and then posting in the “Hi, I am...” forum.

Welcome!

I do the same thing.

-ERD50
+1
Saves a lot of hair pulling ;-)

.... or "Preview Post"...
If I'm not sure whether I posted or not, I open a new ER Forum in a second tab, and go to the thread I was working on. Saves rewriting or duplicate posting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom