Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

How can I post to these forums?
Old 02-04-2019, 07:23 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

How can I post to these forums?

Hi Admins, I tried to post something and can’t, not sure why, have been a lurking member awhile. Can somebody clear me to be able to post on the forums? Many thanks
Outdoor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2019, 07:32 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

You just did! -ERD50 (not an Admin)
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:50 PM   #3
Administrator

Welcome aboard, friend. We look forward to hearing more about your and your retirement journey. If you know how to use private messages, you can always directly ask a mod or an admin any questions you might have about how to post and such. We're a friendly lot, so don't be shy.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:43 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!

and welcome.

Hopefully you will have more insightful posts to follow
Old 02-05-2019, 05:06 AM   #5
gone traveling

You must have been successful at registering, we can see your post ! Welcome.
ckelly78z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:06 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

In case you forgot how you got there after you registered and posted the opening post here, the procedure to start a new thread/post is:

On the bar across the top near the left, click "Forums".

Scroll down, and select a sub-forum you wish to post to. This one is "Forum Admin", there is "Hi, I am...", "FIRE and Money", etc.

Towards the top left, click on "New Thread".

A text entry box should open up, enter your text and click "Submit New Thread"

Or - If you are posting to an existing thread, click "Post Reply" towards the top left. Or "Quote" on the lower right of a post that you want to quote and reply to.

-ERD50

Old 02-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #7

Well, I just tried to start a new thread. Spent quite a while typing the details. Didn't realize I wasn't logged in. Logged in and the whole thing was erased.

Not going to try again now. I put too much effort into that one. I wish that the program had told me I couldn't create the thread BEFORE I spent so much time on it.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieIG View Post
Well, I just tried to start a new thread. Spent quite a while typing the details. Didn't realize I wasn't logged in. Logged in and the whole thing was erased.

Not going to try again now. I put too much effort into that one. I wish that the program had told me I couldn't create the thread BEFORE I spent so much time on it.
I try to get in the habit of doing a Select-All, Copy before I submit, or while in the middle of a long reply, or one that's complex with a bunch of embedded quotes. If something hangs, you can start again and paste it back in.

Heaven forbid a single word of my wisdom/insight gets lost!

-ERD50
Old 02-09-2019, 10:44 AM   #9
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
I try to get in the habit of doing a Select-All, Copy before I submit, or while in the middle of a long reply, or one that's complex with a bunch of embedded quotes. If something hangs, you can start again and paste it back in.

-ERD50
Sorry to hear about your lost post. I've done the same thing. Now, if I have a post that I expect to be quite long, I will often compose it in a Word document and then copy and paste to the posting window here.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:48 AM   #10
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Outdoor-

I’d suggest you start by completing your profile and then posting in the “Hi, I am...” forum.

Welcome!
Huston55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:32 PM   #11

Quote:
I do the same thing.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #12

Quote:

-ERD50
+1
Saves a lot of hair pulling ;-)
nwsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #13
Gone but not forgotten

.... or "Preview Post"...
If I'm not sure whether I posted or not, I open a new ER Forum in a second tab, and go to the thread I was working on. Saves rewriting or duplicate posting.