How do I put an informative label on a link?

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
When I link to an article or web site, I'd like to be able to make the link I post, say something descriptive about what I'm posting. For example I'd like to show the headline of a newspaper story, rather than just its URL. How should I do that? I'm mostly using Chrome browser.

thanks,

Amethyst

When I link to an article or web site, I'd like to be able to make the link I post, say something descriptive about what I'm posting. For example I'd like to show the headline of a newspaper story, rather than just its URL. How should I do that? I'm mostly using Chrome browser.

thanks,

Amethyst

There's an icon for that if you reply to a previous post or if yours is the first post click on "go advanced" and it will be there.

Highlight the text you want the link to appear in, then you can click on the blue icon (hover the mouse over it and the text "insert link" should appear). Then you can insert the hyperlink text in there and it will appear as a link to that site, in this case a CNN story about two jets colliding, picked at random.

Attachments

• hyperlink1.jpg
    hyperlink1.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
This is the coding for a descriptive link in another thread (random extra spaces added to keep it from formatting):

[ url=http://www.michaelconnelly.com/otherwords/crimebeat/] Crime Beat by Michael Connelly[/ url]

So, all closed up:

open bracket url=your full link end bracket your description open bracket slash url end bracket

Yay! I used Feever's code on my cheese-glut post and it worked :)

Back
Top Bottom