Ignore feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
As a reminder to members of the Early Retirement Forums, the software has an "ignore" feature which allows you to bypass posts from those you may wish to [-]not waste your time reading[/-] place on your ignore list. Prior to converting to the current software this was one of the most frequently requested features and is very easy to use.

As an example, if you wish to place me on ignore :eek:, simply click on my user name to the left, then click on "View Public Profile" on the drop down menu. Approximately half way down the Profile page, you will see in the center of the page the option to "Add REWahoo to Your Ignore List". Click on that option, then click on "Save List", and I'm on your... Hello! Hello! Hey, waitaminnit!

I wish the software had a background task that would scan new posts and eliminate the ridiculous ones and the flame bait. Then we wouldnt need an ignore function! ;)

Anyone for a nice discussion on the effects of illegal aliens on social security and how we can mitigate it with annuities based on momentum investing?

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: REWahoo.

· View this post
· Un-ignore REWahoo

I can't hear you, did you say something?

Sorry couldn't resist, I actually enjoy your posts REWahoo...

Any possibility of 'ignore thread' on the horizon?

Attachments

• on foff.jpg
    on foff.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 180
Any possibility of 'ignore thread' on the horizon?

What we really need is a "make invisible" option for threads OR "make all threads invisible by poster" so that if we don't want to see any [-]forum spam[/-] thread headers created by certain posters, they won't show after clicking on "New Posts."

I can't believe the designer of this forum software in creating an "ignore poster" didn't think of this feature during it's design. It's the biggest flaw in this software.

What we really need is a "make invisible" option for threads OR "make all threads invisible by poster" so that if we don't want to see any [-]forum spam[/-] thread headers created by certain posters, they won't show after clicking on "New Posts."

I can't believe the designer of this forum software in creating an "ignore poster" didn't think of this feature during it's design. It's the biggest flaw in this software.

Agree completely. Another thing we need is the ability to send pulses of ebola virus across the internet to those who we profess to be most bothered by.

This is a shocking flaw in the software. And I am sick and tired of it!

Ha

Agree completely. Another thing we need is the ability to send pulses of ebola virus across the internet to those who we profess to be most bothered by.

This is a shocking flaw in the software. And I am sick and tired of it!

Ha

Easy there. One thing at a time. You don't want to overwhelm the software designers. Then nothing will get done.

I will look into an ignore thread feature. Also in the next version of the software there is a new feature for tagging posts. So we can create some standards for tags and then we can look at a feature to ignore by tags. That way if you don't want to see any mortgage threads you can have it your way and hide them.

I will look into an ignore thread feature. Also in the next version of the software there is a new feature for tagging posts. So we can create some standards for tags and then we can look at a feature to ignore by tags. That way if you don't want to see any mortgage threads you can have it your way and hide them.

Sweet, .....ignorance AND intolerance in a convenient easy to use form.

But Andy R, how can we supersize our requests without having to login twice?

Is it possible to see who put you on the ignore list? (Just curious)

I have no idea what you are talking about?

I want to be able to logon to the Early Retirement Forum and push only one button and "Bam" OAP posts of sweet young Asian female pictures!!!

No mortgage
No annunity
No dog photos..well keep them
No surf
No nothing but sweet young Asian School Girls.

And only one button away! I ask for so little.:angel:

Is it possible to see who put you on the ignore list? (Just curious)

Isn't that like caring about what other people think about how you dress and if you shave?

We have a thread on that topic going right now and I think the consensus is something to the effect of "who gives a rat's ass."

I have no problem with other people being stinky, dirty, and smelly if they so desire. I just don't want to be near them and smell their crap which is why I asked for a "make invisible" button next to each thread AND poster so neither the poster or the thread will be visible to me.

Thanks for posting that Rustic. vBulletin.org is a great place to find additional functionality for the software. I plan to upgrade our site to v3.7 in the next two weeks. After that I will add this hack (and make sure it's compatible, most 3.6 products are). Look for an update then.

I plan to upgrade our site to v3.7 in the next two weeks.

Oh boy...

Andy, do us a favor and post a [-]warning[/-] notice a couple days in advance this time, eh?

Just want to add:

It's not that I hate certain posters or want them or their threads banned; it's just that certain threads have no relevance to me.

it's just that certain threads have no relevance to me.

Or anyone! ;)

Andy, can I have a feature that whenever someone on my ignore list posts a new thread, an auto reply is generated?

I'm willing to employ a single fixed response.

img_641624_0_11ee06400292e59ad6aeb260f74ac585.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom