Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Hmm... In Windows, for file operations you can click on "Select All" to choose all files. So, can this forum have a similar "Ignore All" button?

That could be interesting as you then only see your own posts (assuming that what redduck said was true about not being able to ignore self), and you have the entire forum to yourself for ranting monologues.

Well, maybe not, as the mods can still read your rants and lock you out. I guess you'll know when that happens if you can't log in.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #42
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Hmm... In Windows, for file operations you can click on "Select All" to choose all files. So, can this forum have a similar "Ignore All" button?

That could be interesting as you then only see your own posts (assuming that what redduck said was true about not being able to ignore self), and you have the entire forum to yourself for ranting monologues. ...
There were a few former posters who seemed to live by that rule! They would post a 'naked link', or ask some 'hot button' question, and then never comment on the thread that they started.

I think I've suggested to a few of them that they can start their own blog and disable comments if they just want to hear (see?) themselves talk (post?).

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
Quite challenging when someone repeatedly refers to you as an ignorant troglodyte.
Jane, you ignorant slut. Just a test to see if it would get filtered.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

A reason that I keep coming back to this forum--only on rare occasions does someone show up with an ax to grind or a salesperson approach--and those threads quickly die. Once in awhile there is a little spat, but virtually everyone here that posts has enough intelligence that when a spat occurs, the one doing the attacking soon appears to be the fool, and they are intelligent enough to quickly grasp that. I don't need to actively ignore, I just skip their threads and their posts entirely.
EastWest Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post

That could be interesting as you then only see your own posts (assuming that what redduck said was true about not being able to ignore self), and you have the entire forum to yourself for ranting monologues.

Well, maybe not, as the mods can still read your rants and lock you out. I guess you'll know when that happens if you can't log in.
So, then, boys and girls, this is how forum member cantlogin got his name.
Next week we will learn about how he got his gender.

cantlogin
Gender Male
City/Town Pocono Mtns. State Pennsylvania
Old 11-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #46

Some users earn the right to be ignored.

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
UnrealizedPotential is offline   Reply With Quote