Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

"Infraction System"
Old 04-28-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

"Infraction System"

Infraction System for Rule Violations

With the recent upsurge in spam and inappropriate posting as well as the growth of the board, it has become cumbersome for the moderators to write separate, individualized notes and explanations to every user who violates the rules. It is also hard to track which mods have had contact with which users.

To make our jobs easier and improve tracking of repeat or severe offenders, we are implementing an "infraction system." Similar to traffic tickets, infractions might be given for rule violations advising the member of the issue. Depending on the nature and number of infractions, repeat offenders may have their access temporarily or permanently restricted. Basically 3 active points (older infractions will expire after 120 days so it's not indefinitely cumulative) will result in some type of restriction but there is plenty of room for individual consideration if there are extenuating circumstances.

This system is essentially an alternate means of doing what the mods do now. A couple of tips: since infractions expire after 120 days in most cases, so as long as a member remains within the rules, their rap sheet eventually goes away; only you and the moderators can view your individual infractions and points. We envision no substantial change in our current enforcement thresholds - this is not a "crack down" just a more streamlined way to operate.

The vast majority of users will never encounter this system and, for those who do, it is fairly self-explanatory. Each infraction (associated with points) or warning (no points) will include a personal note from the mod who sent it.

All claims regarding oppressive dictators, Nazi reactionaries, freedom of speech and similar concerns should be sent directly to Secretary-General@unitednations.org. Reasonable questions can be sent to any of the mods.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

The Mod Squad

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Restrictions on Restrictions
Old 04-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Restrictions on Restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
New Infraction System for Rule Violations

All claims regarding oppressive dictators, Nazi reactionaries, freedom of speech and similar concerns should be sent directly to Secretary-General@unitednations.org. Reasonable questions can be sent to any of the mods.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

The Mod Squad
I cannot believe I am the first to comment on the restrictions on the abuse of the moderators. I did write to that address and received a form letter telling me a bank account in my name was waiting for me in Nigeria. All I had to do was send a check so the international funds transfer could take place!

Hmmm . . . that wasn't quite what I expected.

-- Rita (almost retired -- 9 days to go!)

Old 05-31-2008, 06:17 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Where are the rules located?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Are you referring to the Community Rules? If so, there is a link on the right at the bottom of the page.