Instant Notifications

rk911

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
hi, all. new member here. name is rich, retired early @55 13-yrs ago and loving it. got a question about new thread notifications.

i've subscribed to the FIRE & Money forum but the only choices i see for new thread notification are none, daily and weekly e-mail. i've selected 'daily' and when i open those daily e-mails and browse the threads i see there are usually half a dozen or more responses. how do i get instant e-mail notification of new threads in a particular forum?

The subscription options in your profile control mail from specific thread you may have subscribed to. https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

To subscribe to the forum, open the forum in question and look for the subscription settings in the forum tools drop down menu.
i appreciate and thank you for your response but i might not have been clear. my option for threads to which i have subscribed or to which i have commented are set to instant notification. that's not my issue.

i have subscribed to a couple of forums...FIRE & Money and Forum Admin...by selecting them from the list of forums and then subscribing via the Forum Tools. but the only option for delivery to me of new threads in the subscribed forum is either a daily or weekly summary of threads. i chose a daily summary. other groups i belong to...Pilots of America and IRV2 for example...offer instant notification via e-mail of new threads in subscribed forums. i'm wondering why instant notification of new threads in a subscribed firum is not an option.

Back
Top Bottom