iPhone App is Great

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The iPhone/iPod interface is really nice. Thanks for providing that!

Heartily agree! I use it a ton on my iPad. Thanks!

Just installed the app on my iPhone, and it's working nicely!!! It sure beats needing to sit in front of a computer. In fact I'm sitting at the counter of the local coffee joint right now! Sweet! Thanks to those responsible for this app!

Out of town w/o Internet but reading the boards on DH's iPhone. What an elegant little app!

I've used this app for a while now, and really love it. Don't use it to post (it's easier on a laptop), but use it a lot to read. The only thing I can think of I'd like to see are adjustable font sizes - sometimes it seems pretty small. A good example of that is the New York Times app, which is also fantastic. Even with the fonts as they are, though, kudos to the developers of the e-r.org app!

I use an iPod Touch, not an iPad. Are things sized larger on one of those?

Almost all of my posts (including this one) in the last three weeks have been made on the iPod since after my bike crash I couldn't sit comfortably in my computer chair. Often lying on my back.

The font is good for me. RU wearing reading glasses?

steelyman said:
I've used this app for a while now, and really love it. Don't use it to post (it's easier on a laptop), but use it a lot to read. The only thing I can think of I'd like to see are adjustable font sizes - sometimes it seems pretty small. A good example of that is the New York Times app, which is also fantastic. Even with the fonts as they are, though, kudos to the developers of the e-r.org app!

I use an iPod Touch, not an iPad. Are things sized larger on one of those?

I use the app at home on my iPad multiple times a day (at work I access the forums through the browser).

I don't have an iPod touch to compare it to, but it's not too difficult to see.

I like how it reads and forgive if there's a tutorial somewhere, but is there a "New Posts" feature? I haven't figured that out yet so I am still using the original app on my iPod Touch...

The font is good for me. RU wearing reading glasses?

:)

Perceptive person, you are. After never needing glasses, last year I picked up a pair of low magnifiers. Sigh, things change. But that may be necessary for me to easily use the forum on the iTouch.

Midpack: the "Current" tab down at the bottom of the app should get you where you want to be. Then you can tap on the little icon at the upper right to get things refreshed. You can also ask it to mark all threads read, which can be helpful.

I'm late to the party, but I'm also liking the ER.org iPhone app. One question: The app shows that I have '5' notifications (on my iPhone home screen, the app has a red circle with the number 5 in it in the upper right-hand-corner). Anybody know what the number signifies, and how to clear it? It's not unread PMs (I don't have any), and I don't see what else it could be.

These are unread subscribed threads. At the bottom right there is a "button" with the word More under three dots. Pressing "More" brings up a menu page, At the top you should see "Subscribed" (like going to the list in User CP). When you have read the posts in subscribed threads the number will go away.

I'm also late, but that's because I just got my iPhone last week. I was happy to find the e-r app and it's very smooth. I have a Touch but didn't use it much for web browsing, I can see the iPhone will be used much more. Also: less to carry around.

I use the Iphone app more than I do the computer. I don't think I subscribe to any threads, so I don't know why I have those numbers. I just ignore them.

Janet H said:
These are unread subscribed threads. At the bottom right there is a "button" with the word More under three dots. Pressing "More" brings up a menu page, At the top you should see "Subscribed" (like going to the list in User CP). When you have read the posts in subscribed threads the number will go away.

That did the trick, thanks Janet! I didn't realize that I had my settings configured to auto-subscribe to threads I post in.

Back
Top Bottom