Full time employment: Posting here.

Re: Less moderatation???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyJim
I'm a double-secret moderator now.

And I'm a dom.
Well now its not much of a secret is it
Mwsinron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Sorry Nords, apparently SG is just missing out on our monthly reciprocated diatribe so he's taking it out on you.

Enjoy
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
...We also recently voted to double our pay and to raise our bonuses by 50%. Dory's also handing out stock options in anticipation of the big IPO... send your résumés in now before the allocations are all gone...
I got a good laugh out of that, thanks!

I was an active website moderator elsewhere for years and years. I finally gave it up. Once upon a time, it was reasonable people and fun. But as the years went by, more and more people have piled onto internet. Some are pretty spikey. Some are people (in my opinion) who no one must listen to in their real life, so they create an overbearing imaginary persona on internet. Most some of them need a good thrashing in person.

So it stopped being fun, and after a long while I finally bailed. The last thing I needed was a virtual job that paid like Nords mentioned, and abuse to boot! Being a good and balanced moderator is a thankless job. I am glad that there are still some good people left who are willing to pick up the dirty mud-soaked flag and run with it!

I have never reported anyone on this website to a moderator. However, there was one moderator here who I think should have been tarred and feathered for his M.O. of suddenly and without warning running into an ongoing calm thread, throwing in his usual wild political hand grenade, then running out because he couldn't stand the heat of any rebuttal. If one wants to impress(?) others with that sort of thing, they should do it as a peon. Or do something useful like joining the Peace Core and becoming an electrical conductor in an equatorial Africa bush village electrification program
Old 05-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Could we just simplify the process by electrifying them while they're peon?

Yeah, I know, mythbusters proved that doesnt work.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly
However, there was one moderator here who I think should have been tarred and feathered for his M.O. of suddenly and without warning running into an ongoing calm thread, throwing in his usual wild political hand grenade, then running out because he couldn't stand the heat of any rebuttal.
The only discussions that were 'calm' were right-wingers making political comments and agreeing with each other. Since this is not right wing talk radio, I thought I'd give you the other viewpoint and disagree with you. I only 'left' the debate when the arguements became so lame they did not merit any more time and effort from me.

You guys just hate it when anyone disagrees with you. But think about it, it would be kind of hard for me to be the 'only one' throwing 'wild political hand grenades'.
Cut-Throat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Hey Telly...at least he knew who you were talking about.

I suppose the big problem here is having mods do the modding from their own personal accounts. In the rare occasions I've been stupid enough to agree to be a moderator, I either insisted on a generic 'moderator x' account or if that wasnt feasible, recognized that I sometimes had to mute my own personal opinions and not say things to further inflame discussions...because thats sorta the opposite of what mods are supposed to do.

Isnt it?

Old 05-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
I suppose the big problem here is having mods do the modding from their own personal accounts. In the rare occasions I've been stupid enough to agree to be a moderator, I either insisted on a generic 'moderator x' account or if that wasnt feasible, recognized that I sometimes had to mute my own personal opinions and not say things to further inflame discussions...because thats sorta the opposite of what mods are supposed to do.
Oh... you mean like, "Moderator_in_Tampa?"

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:28 PM   #28
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa
Oh... you mean like, "Moderator_in_Tampa?"
Yep, like "REWawho?"

Old 05-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
In the rare occasions I've been stupid enough to agree to be a moderator....................
Yup, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!
Cut-Throat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #30

I would like to apply for moderator-supremeo, il duce, kahones#1:
Change my name to: OglingAsian-nymphettesPervertedly (to hide my former ID)
OAP, still sentient AND able to think, rational (red welts, etc) and lusty.

Great attributes for moderation.

And my intelligence would be demonstrated with statements (moderator quality) like:
"Don't let the window hit you in the nuts on the way out". Very mature, is it not?

Like Ol'Bama, I think Okra will support me.

sgeee, you are a hoot, maybe a bit to intellectual for this crowd but remember most of us just dropped off a turnip truck or better yet a trash truck (sub). I loved the smell of trash in the mornings, bossing those guys at the back of the truck, I was the driver. I DEMAND respect, Sanitation put me up front.

I just put a cast iron plate over my rear so the door won't hurt. Is banning me again really worth the effort. But please visit my blog. I've posted it's location here many times (zero +) and yet no one visits. Google claims the 1 cent I'm due in 2009 will be in centimes instead.
OldAgePensioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner
I would like to apply for moderator-supremeo, il duce, kahones#1:
Change my name to: OglingAsian-nymphettesPervertedly (to hide my former ID)
OAP, still sentient AND able to think, rational (red welts, etc) and lusty.

Great attributes for moderation.

And my intelligence would be demonstrated with statements (moderator quality) like:
"Don't let the window hit you in the nuts on the way out". Very mature, is it not?

Like Ol'Bama, I think Okra will support me.

sgeee, you are a hoot, maybe a bit to intellectual for this crowd but remember most of us just dropped off a turnip truck or better yet a trash truck (sub). I loved the smell of trash in the mornings, bossing those guys at the back of the truck, I was the driver. I DEMAND respect, Sanitation put me up front.

I just put a cast iron plate over my rear so the door won't hurt. Is banning me again really worth the effort. But please visit my blog. I've posted it's location here many times (zero +) and yet no one visits. Google claims the 1 cent I'm due in 2009 will be in centimes instead.
You got my vote. At least you are as unstable as I am.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:10 PM   #32

Mwsinron,
Unstability, is immortalized in Winston Churchill's famous speech to the Lord Mayor of London on the bombing of the East End.

Thanks for the vote:
OAP 1, Challengers 0

"Tip a canoe, and tie her too", was already used, so I avoided that, sounded to perverted.

If elected I will allow"
1. Semi-nude pictures of Asian women, Jessica Alba, Paris Hilton in prison, and a smattering of Gloria Allred (must be fully clothed with mouth shut, limited selection)
2. Waist-up only nude photos of Brad Pitt, Al Franken (satisfy DT and martha) and any nude Bill Clinton photos.

I need your vote, pull the lever.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #33

Woah woah the nekkid Billy Clinton pictures. But Al ... ok

Wasnt it tipper a canoe and gore too?
Old 05-16-2007, 06:35 AM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
"Tip a canoe, and tie her too"

"You didn't have to squeeze it, but you did, but you did, but you did, so I'll spank you..." Sam & Dave

"Dressed up in drag..." The Buckinghams

"I haven't had any in so long I forget who gets tied up..." HFWR

HFWR, who will not seek, and will not accept, the nomination for moderator

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:25 AM   #35
Give me a forum ...

I vote for: stay weird, type your posts left handed and with one finger, mis spell a lot AND always, always

do some posts before AND after your second cup of coffee - that way you will be sure to stay on your medication.

Remind me - who is that guy named Kinky in Texas? Or?

heh heh heh - Bless those who moderate.
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #36

Mwsinron, every time someone mentions Tipper Gore, I lose my libido for minutes.

HFWR, never ever try it with both of you tied up. Trying to flip open my cell with my nose and dial 911 still haunts me.

But I like the ideas, how bout this.
"IF elected to moderate this august body, I rule with a latex hand and spank anyone utilizing the board's rules in a bent fashion."

Has a Rutherford B. Hayes tone to it.

UncleMick2, try my favorite breakfast beverage, a piping hot cup of Stoli. After the second cup you'll be typing with your nose, at least until the drool shorts out the keyboard. I think the Kinky guy in Texas is Old Rancher but I could be wrong.

If HFWR is voting OAP, then it's
OAP 2 , Challengers 0

I have never been to the Watergate hotel. Caveat.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #37

I've been camping and away from the internet for the past week, but I'm glad to see this thread finally found it's stride.

Good to hear from you again, OAP. I looked for your web site recently, but the link I had was broken. Can you post it again?
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeeeee View Post
Can you post it again?
Yes, please.

Mike D.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote