Login from Forum Admin?

Running_Man

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
On my MAC and IPAD I started yesterday receiving a requirement that will not go away stated it is sent from Forum Admin requesting my Name and password on a pop-up. This is only occuring on this site. Is there a way to desist this or is this a new requirement. If it does not go away this, I am making this post on my old HP, will be my last post to this web site.

I got this popup yesterday, too, for the first time ever. IIRC, the request was that I log in in order to receive admin privileges. I was on my ipad, which I normally don't use on the web. I think I just clicked past it (I didn't enter any data) and the box went away. It has not returned, and everything has continued as normal. FWIW.

Last edited:
No new requirement, it must be a tech issue. We'll alert tech support.

Yay - we're back! (on the iPad - was having trouble for a while)

Although I don't dare go to my Mac laptop where the login keeps popping up even though I can clearly see from the top, but of the page that I am already logged in.

I thought the entire cdn.socialknowledge.com forums had been hacked, so I didn't log in with the pop up. Too suspicious especially since you can cancel out or close the window.

Just dismiss the prompt... it's a forum config issue that should resolve itself shortly. We moved some content to a different server yesterday and your device or ISP is still trying to view the old server (which has that login box now). Clearing your cache might do the trick or you can just wait for this to occur naturally.

Just dismiss the prompt... it's a forum config issue that should resolve itself shortly. We moved some content to a different server yesterday and your device or ISP is still trying to view the old server (which has that login box now). Clearing your cache might do the trick or you can just wait for this to occur naturally.

This was not working on the Mac laptop in Safari. The box kept popping up no matter how often I hit cancel. I had to go through extraordinary measures to close the page or tab.

This was not working on the Mac laptop in Safari. The box kept popping up no matter how often I hit cancel. I had to go through extraordinary measures to close the page or tab.

Can you try clearing your cache please?

I tried clearing my cache (MacBook Air using Safari) but still get the box with every click on the ER site.

Me too. Even after clearing cache. Happens on every click. Hope it gets fixed very soon. Thanks.

Muir

Me too on ipad and iphone. Every click brings it up. Choosing "Cancel" makes it go away okay but then it returns with the next click.

I actually relogged in as the box requested and it still keeps reappearing on every click.

ETA: FYI to admins, I am now on my Windows 8.whatever machine, paying bills, and am getting no log-in requests.

Last edited:
Yeah, started getting it here today too with Safari. Do a lot of clicking of Cancel, otherwise works fine.

I am on IE 10, and I deleted my cache, and I am still getting the message. I have to click it 6 or 8 times to make it go away. Guess I'll come back tomorrow... :)

I got it today too. I think I clicked on a tab that I could see behind the ad and got around it.

I am getting this also on my iMac. Had to click many times repeatedly to get to post this comment.

Great - this should be fixed now.

Back
Top Bottom