Login request pop-up

powerplay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have seen this several times on the ER forum now. It is a message asking for a login ID and PW. Has anyone else seen this? I don't think it is unique to ER.org as a Google search brings up this same question on several other message boards.

The message box has this in it:

Authentication Required

A user name and password are being requested by http://staticc.adacado.com. The site says: "Restricted"

Hi - I think this is probably a bad ad being served and you can just dismiss it. Basically google serves up ads from various ad networks that are hosted elsewhere. It looks like the adacon site is offline and so this may be the issue. We'll keep looking in to this however.

25 minutes ago...I just saw same pop-up BEFORE I came to this webpage, hadn't even logged on. I had yahoo email (logged in), a local Syracuse Doppler radar and Wikipedia pages open.
I hit cancel in the popup window asking for username and password, and did an instant virus scan. All good. No repeat occurrences so far.

Thanks for the responses. I was able to close it one time another time I had to close it 3 times before it went away.

Back
Top Bottom