Mobile App Change Coming Soon-ish

I am using the new app on an iPod mini. When I go to "participated" to see the threads I have posted to, I get a thingie telling me there are none. Same if I click on my or other people's avatar to see posts I/they have made--thingie tells me there are none.

Other than that it is all good. I like that it will save a post as a draft if I need to leave the site to check on something, so I can add to it without recreating it.

On an iPad 2, I also appear to have no "participated" threads. Still learning my way around the app, but it is much better than the old one.

Finally figured out this app!! I bought it from iTunes..registered it and then hooked up the forum. Doesn't work from just clicking the box that's offered. I was not familiar with tapatalk at all, and didn't have the background. Now I can explore much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I deleted the old app, downloaded the free version of Tapatalk and then accessed the ER app (on my iPad Air) and there's no possibility of signing in and the app looks the same as ever. Ended up deleting both and will stick with web browser access.

The app from iTunes was only $4.99. Worth it to me since I really enjoy reading this forum, even tho I hardly ever contribute. Still can't see avatars tho..miss those familiar faces.

I just did a search for the first time in the ipad app. No matter what term I use, I get "no topics" in the results.

The app from iTunes was only $4.99. Worth it to me since I really enjoy reading this forum, even tho I hardly ever contribute. Still can't see avatars tho..miss those familiar faces.

Did you really pay for it?

The branded app is free - you should not be paying for it? The search issue is being worked on now and should be fixed within a day.

I am seeing some posts that are missing text, including this one by Hermit, which actually has a sentence following what does show up. Another text box by another poster was completely empty, although the content appeared when someone quoted it.:

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1388708313.581483.jpg

I am so sorry I upgraded to the current mobile app. Worst upgrade for me and its at least the 3rd or 4th where previous ones offered improvements to my ipad experience. This one is a step backwards. It's very non intuitive in its format and layout now. I'm tempted to just stay away until I see another change.

I'm not having any problems with it that causes me any real headaches. I'm back using the ER app now, not my purchased Tapatalk. Maybe you just need to refresh it once in a while.

My new iTouch 5G broke today (iOS 7) so I switched to my old 3G (iOS 6). I can't log out of this joint :(

Sorry, but the mobile app (at least the one for Android) doesn't meet my needs at all. All I typically would want to do with the app is "see new threads" and "see subscribed threads." Instead, when the app opens I am forced to choose a forum, open them, and look at the messages. That's a fail: the fora breakdown of the ER board is largely irrelevant to me, why be forced to look at each individually?

Maybe I'm missing something, but the "Quick links" functionality of the "full-up" web version seems to be missing, which significantly reduces the utility of the app.

Sorry, but the mobile app (at least the one for Android) doesn't meet my needs at all. All I typically would want to do with the app is "see new threads" and "see subscribed threads." Instead, when the app opens I am forced to choose a forum, open them, and look at the messages.

+1 I like the portal view that has the new threads.

I use the iPad version of the mobile app and the Timeline is equivalent to the Portal function.

Open the app and then click the 3 stacked bars in the upper left corner to open the menu and choose Timeline.

I don't know if the Android version has this too.

Thanks for the tip. I never noticed that feature on either android or ios. There's also a "portal" function in android but it's not working on my phone.

+1. Thanks, Sue. I figured out how to log in, which also added a lot of features. This is my first post using the app (I'm an Android newbie.)

I was having problems with my IPad ER app and deleted it, with intentions to reload it. Well I get into iTunes and the app is there but there is no mechanism on the site to actually download it. It is like the "free" icon is missing on the site, so I am back having to use the regular website edition. :(

I have an android phone and tablet and the portal function doesn't work on either. I am constantly having to log out and log back in to get things to refresh.

Sent from my XT1049 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Can you pull down the screen to refresh on an Android like you can on an iPad? I go back to the first page and pull down the page...it refreshes. I don't read every thread so many times I'll just mark a forum as read...then I refresh from the first page ( community Forums page). I like to read one forum at a time..my brain works that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom