Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Or at least replaces all the debates with pictures of bacon. I'd be good with that.
I could really do without the bacon hijacks. It seems like a small group of people are deciding to be censors and declaring threads no longer worthy of continuing on, so they take over with the bacon. If you don't like a thread, just put that thread on ignore and move on. Please.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Looks like some people don't like pork...even though it's the other white meat.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
I could really do without the bacon hijacks. It seems like a small group of people are deciding to be censors and declaring threads no longer worthy of continuing on, so they take over with the bacon. If you don't like a thread, just put that thread on ignore and move on. Please.
You could also put that small group of people on ignore and not try and dictate what people choose to post.

Please.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Hey, Andy, can we get an ignore feature for bacon?

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

I suppose we could tag all bacon threads and ignore that tag.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
You could also put that small group of people on ignore and not try and dictate what people choose to post.

Please.
That doesn't change the effect that you've just bullied other people from posting in a thread that still might interest some.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #47
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

But some of the funniest comments are in that forum!
Marquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #48
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Bacon bully...
Old 08-27-2008, 01:56 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Best I could do on a bacon bully...and in all seriousness, Runningbum, I only enjoy the bacon coming in when a thread has disintegrated into name-calling and complaints are pouring into mod central. Then, bring on the bacon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MONGERS.jpg (50.9 KB, 0 views)

Old 08-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
That doesn't change the effect that you've just bullied other people from posting in a thread that still might interest some.
Wow, I almost feel bad, but I'm buoyed by the fact that I'm now considered "a small group".

I'm not sure which thread you're whining about, but perhaps you can point out the thread in which all reasoned debate had been exhausted and the name calling wasnt about to start?

While I may not be a moderator, I've been around a lot longer than you have and contributed quite a bit more, junior. So I will reserve the right to try and lighten things up a little when I think they're going in the wrong direction. The board owner and real moderators know where I am and how to reach me if they disagree. I think in general that they've got enough work to do and dont want to be the bad guys all the time.

But like I said, you're welcome to put me on your ignore list. Then you wont have to suffer with any more matters involving salted, smoked pork bellies.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ars-38184.html for one. Not started by you but you joined in. That's why I called it a small group.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #52
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Yeppers, it is like wading into a barroom brawl sometimes. I am a chicken, though and leave the battles to the more experienced war-weary mods.
But I do love the spam fighting capes we get to wear!
Spam fighting capes!!! Oooooh! What color?

-- Rita
Old 08-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #53
Give me a forum ...

I see. So posting a better looking picture of a bacon maple bar is considered bullying. And dang it, I'm no longer a small group. Very disappointing. I should point out that twelve regular posters participated in that bacon level discussion and not one person seemed interested in putting the discussion back on course. Why dont you hop over there and express whatever burning issue you felt needed to be added but was left unaddressed. I promise I wont mess you up with any more breakfast foods in that thread.

Oh, and you have a nice life now.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Our spam fighting capes change color with our moods, but they smell like...bacon!

I took a gander at that thread, and BWW was the first thread derailer, and it seems that lots of folks had a real good time with that bacon bra thing, and then 2B and Enuf managed to get some quality on-topic posts in there followed by some more bacon. Yep, looks about right for a thread on this forum.

It's kinda supposed to be funny, ya know, like entertainment instead of work. Seriously.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #55
Administrator

Quote:
Our spam fighting capes change color with our moods, but they smell like...bacon!
Funny, they look like bacon as well.... is this a coincidence
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bacon cape.jpg (232.5 KB, 50 views)
Old 08-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #56
Give me a forum ...

ReWahoo for President?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I see. So posting a better looking picture of a bacon maple bar is considered bullying. And dang it, I'm no longer a small group. Very disappointing. I should point out that twelve regular posters participated in that bacon level discussion and not one person seemed interested in putting the discussion back on course. Why dont you hop over there and express whatever burning issue you felt needed to be added but was left unaddressed. I promise I wont mess you up with any more breakfast foods in that thread.

Oh, and you have a nice life now.
Guess I hit a nerve. Funny too, since I never even mentioned you by name in the first post.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #58
Administrator

Quote:
ReWahoo for President?
You're the first to notice. I have been changing it daily.

.... and my socks.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Just like underwear! Well...I hope...

Is it always something about ReWahoo or does the target subject change daily?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #60
Administrator

Quote:
Just like underwear! Well...I hope...

Is it always something about ReWahoo or does the target subject change daily?
No... It's been an equal opportunity signature, different each day.