Political Ad on this Website

Corporate ORphan

Recycles dryer sheets
When I logged onto the Health Forum yesterday and today, I was treated to "a "sponsored" anti-Health Care Bill/anti-Obama ad. I thought all politics were suppose to be limited to this forum? As someone who is hoping for the Health Care Bill's pre-exsiting condition clause so we can move out of state, I find the ad very offensive.

Has anyone else seen it? What is the official policiy for political ads on this website:confused::confused:

Many of the ads you see are put there by Google based on the sites you've visited--I've never seen the ad you refer to. I have a Nordstrom ad right now--I looked at their site yesterday.
Site owners can ask Google to not show certain types of ads, and this will override the user's history. One of those types is "political". See here (probably requires a Google AdSense account).

So you can set up your site so that "political" ads will (in theory) never show even if the subject matter is U.S. health care reform, "adult" ads will never show even if the reader is otherwise a pr0n hound, etc.

I posted on this same topic a few weeks ago (post referred to above). I understand and share your concern.
When I logged onto the Health Forum yesterday and today, I was treated to "a "sponsored" anti-Health Care Bill/anti-Obama ad. I thought all politics were suppose to be limited to this forum? As someone who is hoping for the Health Care Bill's pre-exsiting condition clause so we can move out of state, I find the ad very offensive.

Has anyone else seen it? What is the official policiy for political ads on this website:confused::confused:

Back
Top Bottom