Portal Upgrade Suggestion

latexman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I think it would be most excellent if the Portal could be viewed by a time period that can be selected, like:

New since my last visit (this one would be the most useful)
Past week
Past 2 weeks
Past month
Past 6 months
Past year
Content I have not read

Any chance of that?

Agreed. The portal view is the only one that makes sense to me, but it is too limiting in that it is only those X recent posts.

There was something weird about the 'new posts' page - I forget, but maybe it doesn't display the recent thread if you visited it? But that makes it hard to go back to one that you wanted to review.

Here's the link that explains why I don't care for the 'new posts' page.

http://www.early-retirement.org/for...posts-view-not-in-sync-76291.html#post1566631

-ERD50

Last edited:
My main reason for wanting this, or something like this, is so I don't have to remember which thread I am up-to-date on, or, most likely, wasting my time opening threads I am up-to-date on.

My main reason for wanting this, or something like this, is so I don't have to remember which thread I am up-to-date on, or, most likely, wasting my time opening threads I am up-to-date on.
The "New Posts" link will give you all the threads that have new posts since your last visit. Doesn't that provide some of what you want, just without the breakdown by date?

I like "New Posts". Thanks for opening my eyes to it! It's like the "Portal" on steroids. There's much more info. readily available. Plus, the 31st and later post since your last visit doesn't fall off the cliff.

I have a question about "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts". I got that after using "Mark Forums Read" and being offline for some time (several hours). How does that happen? It does not seem logical.

Back
Top Bottom