Posting Pictures

paradiseken

Recycles dryer sheets
Okay, what's the best way to post pictures on this site? I need to reduce my pictures to 64 kb from high resolution jpegs. Thanks.

Somewhere Trombone Al posted instructions on how to shrink and then attach your photo but I can't find the instructions now.

What I do is use photobucket. Go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account. Follow the instructions for downloading a picture. The downloaded picture will have below it several different link formats. Copy the "img" one and paste it into your post. The image will magically appear when you post.

Or get any of a number of free image processing program like Irfanview (www.irfanview.com/) and change the image size. Then attach the image to your post in the "Additional Options" menu bar.

I use Irfanview also. It is convenient. If I have an image in a format that produces a large file, I usually save it in gif. I am on a phone connection and this is more efficient for me to download. Resizing the image is really easy with Irfanview.

Thank you all. I'll post some pictures of our cruise using all the great advice you have given me. Many, many thanks.

donheff said:
Or get any of a number of free image processing program like Irfanview (www.irfanview.com/) and change the image size. Then attach the image to your post in the "Additional Options" menu bar.

Ditto here on Irfanview! I use it ALL the time. It's good, simple, and FREE! :)

Paradiseken:

Just remember that you can resize images to 72 dots per inch and they will look great on a computer screen but if you ever want to print them you need to keep the original high resolution copies as well (usually 300 dpi). I had a relative who resized all of her 2-3M digital camera images to ~150K and saved the changed versions over the originals - not so good when she wanted a print.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom