Report software quirks here

I'm still hitting ignored messages when I click 'next thread'.

We'll sue your drummer, in perfect 4/4 time
We'll sue your manager, for his last thin dime
We'll sue your ecord label, he no ain't this fun
We'll sue your best friend, if you still have one

It ain't no crime... 'Cause I'm...

A rock and roll lawyer.

Austin Lounge Lizards

Nah we only fired one guy and thats because he made more work for the other moderators than the nutjob trolls did.

You'd be lucky to be able to resign from this job. ;)

I'm getting either a new window or one i hadnt noticed before opening up when i log on ,its asking me to visit the Bailoutville Experiment. Is this just a sponsors advertizing?

Never mind i just noticed the thread obout it..

Wondering why you cannot type 2008 with out getting the smiley to replace the eight when you post. Strangely it did not do it in this post.

Wondering why you cannot type 2008 with out getting the smiley to replace the eight when you post. Strangely it did not do it in this post.
I think it's the combination of the number eight with the right parenthesis.

Or you could check "Disable smilies in text" in the "Additional Options" box below the "Submit Reply" button.

Or we could ask the forum management to turn off the key strokes-into-emoticon logic. After all, there's a whole palette of smileys available at the click of a mouse. How often does anyone intentionally type one in?

Coach

I am so lazy that I type in smilies so that I don't have to go to the advanced features. :)

Or we could ask the forum management to turn off the key strokes-into-emoticon logic. After all, there's a whole palette of smileys available at the click of a mouse. How often does anyone intentionally type one in?

Coach

The key stroke short cut for this one smilie has been altered. It was 8) and for a forum that routinely has numeric posts.. well, it was just a bad idea. If you still want to type the short cut you can. Use this but with no spaces
: cool :

:cool:

Good solution Janet H - thanks.

(posted Nov 12, 200:cool: < hey, what happened, I thought this was fixed! :confused:?

( just funnin' with 'ya ;) 200 : cool :

-ERD50

Tried to post a short reply using SWR in uppercase- it came out in lowercase. Tried to edit the post to fix it, it keeps changing back to lower case...

Is LGFNB secretly moderating? ;)

Tried to post a short reply using SWR in uppercase- it came out in lowercase. Tried to edit the post to fix it, it keeps changing back to lower case...
I suspect the software might be outsmarting itself by thinking that a post that's almost in all caps is "shouting" so it converts to lower case? I've never heard of a problem with using capitalized abbreviations and acronyms within the body of a mixed-case post.

Well, let me test this using the quick reply, and a nonsense sentence.... If I decide on an SWR of 4%, I'll be living pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom