Report software quirks here

Bruce, I'm guessing your two posts contained links? If so, I think the software automatically sends posts for new members to the mods to review. It's a way to combat spam.

One of the mods will be along shortly to confirm.

I had no links in my posts, only a quote, so I am confused.

Bruce

How many do you think? :cool:

What I meant was the threshold for having all my posts sent to moderator before mandatory review before post is allowed.

I have many thousands of posts on other sites, not a forum rookie, but am a noob here.

Bruce

What I meant was the threshold for having all my posts sent to moderator before mandatory review before post is allowed.

I have many thousands of posts on other sites, not a forum rookie, but am a noob here.

Bruce

As you know, most of your posts were not "sent to moderator before manadatory review before post is allowed." As with all new members to these forums, only new members' posts with links within them are reviewed here. And that is to safeguard the rest of the members from spammers. Again, nothing personal.

Last edited:
A problem with this thread: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/article-dont-view-a-house-as-an-investment-51764.html

When trying to show newest post it just kept reloading. Lencoo is shown as last poster, but isn't the last post shown - Lencoo is not in evidence.

I am unsure how "to show newest post" is activated but I am able to navigate through the whole thread with no difficulties. #76 is the last post and you are correct, Lencoo is not mentioned anywhere -- directly or indirectly.

I'm guessing Lencoo was a spammer-sent-packing and the [-]smoking hole[/-] missing post is causing your problem.
Yup - exactly. If you are still in a loop - you might try deleting your temp internet files and cookies.

Is it no longer possible to attach a photo?

Khan, nothing's changed that I'm aware of...

(BTW, this is a bad photo of a sign that also reads "Attorney at Law")

Attachments

• 20100428_0001.jpg
    20100428_0001.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 0
It is true that you can't attach images to PMs but you can link to images that are hosted else on the internet and embed them using image tags. The easiest way to do this is to use the insert image icon at the top of the reply editor. You will need the url of the image.

1. start your private message
2. click on the insert image icon
3. paste the url into the popup box
4. preview or send message.

Attachments

• er insert image.jpg
    er insert image.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 0
Weird Formatting Issue

I noticed this today:

Bug.jpg

All of the posts following Fireup2020's post are in her reply space. That is, they are indented. I've only seen this once.

Veeerrry interesting. The "new posts" listing and the post feed both say there has been a new comment on this thread today, but the last thing I can see is a post from October 27. I tried going to last page, the print friendly version, and everything else I can think of (include adding this remark) to read that comment, and nothing has worked so far.

There was a post. It was spam and has been removed.

Back
Top Bottom