Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Show unread posts since last visit - not working?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Sorry to hear about your wreck Jim. I am 2 months past mine, and still not back to normal. Like () said, it isn't only broken bones- all that cartilage and tendon and ligament took a good whack too.

Ha
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2006, 07:49 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

There are many reports of problems with unread posts not working in the latest version of this software (for other sites) but no solutions or causes posted. It hasn't failed for me yet. I think my next step may be to log in as dex or Haha and see if it fails for me masquerading as them. The passwords are stored encrypted, but I should be able to save and restore the encrypted password but use a temporary password to log myself in. I'm not sure if it will affect the cookie login, and I'm not sure what time would be good to try impersonating one or the other. dex? HaHa?
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:02 AM   #23
Early-Retirement.org Founder
Developer of FIRECalc

FWIW, it will have to be in the database, which stores last login, and not cookies. I can switch among computers, even ones I have never used before, and the Show Unread Posts feature works fine for me. So the forum software is not looking at cookies for this info.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
dory36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyJim
... but I should be able to save and restore the encrypted password but use a temporary password to log myself in. I'm not sure if it will affect the cookie login, and I'm not sure what time would be good to try impersonating one or the other. dex? HaHa?
Anytime you want. If I am on at that time, send me*a mesage and I'll sign off. Also, I rarely get up before 9am Pacific so anytime in your morning should work.

Thanks for checking into it. It is weird- occasionally there will be few posts. But if I look through the categories from the homepage, there are way more that I haven't seen. As far as I know, "New replies to your posts" works fine.

Ha
Old 01-24-2006, 04:24 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Careful Jim...if you log in as Ha you might become infected with curmudeonly factors. I hear one of the first signs of being a first tier curmudgeon is thinking your recent posts button has stopped working...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Unread posts
Still not working for me.
Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:43 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Did you take your curmudgeon medication this morning...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote