Join Early Retirement Today

Software Upgrade/Conversion Tonight!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
Administrator

Software Upgrade/Conversion Tonight!

I just wanted to let you all know that I will be closing the forums in 1 hour to start working on a software conversion/upgrade tonight. Our forum community will be down for the evening while I get data transfered and the software configured.

Thanks for your patience during these changes.

Andy
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
Administrator

As you can see we are now running on new software. I still have a ton of work to go in getting everything configured but I have been working strait for 8 hours and need to get some sleep before I screw something up.

I will be around tomorrow to help answer questions and finish up tweaking the software to make it as easy as possible to use.

Please be patient during this process and post any bugs, broken links, etc here so we can get them fixed.

Thanks,

Andy
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Is there a way to ignore a thread?

Also, I see there is finally an "ignore user" but a moderator can't be put in the list. Could that be changed to allow moderators to be ignored? I understand the necessity to have moderators have the ability send a private message to all users, but when they are posting as civilians like everyone else, we should have the ability to ignore those types of regular user posts.
retire@40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Also it seems like nearly everyone's signature is messed up. It looks like it is not interpreting the HTML in there anymore. I see a bunch of "quot" and "nbsp" and "br" stuff in there.

2Cor521
"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

PM's are interesting. It appears I now have every PM I ever sent or received in my box, overloading the limit of 50.

I'm not sure where to begin...that pm's I deleted years ago were still being held somewhere, that I usually have way more than 50 in my inbox, or the very short notice on the conversion.

I guess my first question is that I sent several people a PM yesterday about a significant matter and hadnt received responses from a couple. Can I presume they got the message, that they can respond, etc?
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Stuff
Old 05-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Stuff

Well, my username reverted to RE_Wannabe, and it appears I can't change it back.

My avatar disappeared, and there appears to be no option to add it back.

But I do absolutely love the ads at the top of the page...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Well, my PM threshold appears to have increased to 100. But I had to empty both my inbox and sent items folders before I could send a message...either that or individually delete almost a thousand messages to keep just the ones I wanted.

My avatar is gone too, and i'm also reverted to my old username.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

ok, so i am logged in. now to try and get my old rememberable password back.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
regarding conversion
Old 05-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

regarding conversion

After a few attempts got it up and running...looks good, just a few new things to learn...

Kathyet
kathyet is offline   Reply With Quote