That 'thumbs up' icon

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Personally I find that 'thumbs up' post to be very annoying. If several people click, there will be several empty content posts.

Is there some way to record the data without the accompanying post?

Think it got turned off. I dont have it anymore. Either that or my thumbing privileges have been revoked.

Think it got turned off. I dont have it anymore. Either that or my thumbing privileges have been revoked.

Does the stupid "JoeBob thanks you for your post" thing still show up at the bottom of the post for you? If not, I'd like like my thumb thingee turned off, too.

It's being "improved" stay tuned...

I think the 'thumbs up, thanks for your post' feature was designed for the ' Really-insecure,-in-need-of-constant-reassurance-from-strangers.org/forum', not the 'early-retirement.org/forum'

-ERD50

Where does the Thanks go when you send it? PM?

It actually could be a useful feature. It's hard to know if something is funny, and without feedback one might post the same obvious dumb jokes, and not know that everyone is just rolling their eyes.

I was pretty sure that "Rich_In_Tampons" was funny, but "dirty supermarket timer," not so much.

It shows up in your usercp, the user control panel. But you cant see who its from.

You also cant tell if the thanks is earnest or sarcastic.

As a point of assistance, all your jokes produce eye rolling by everyone. I took a secret poll with a sweepstakes. The winner got a bag of butterscotch chips from Amazon.

Is anyone else tempted to push all the Thanks buttons? Stimpy?

If you click on the Thanks button on one of your own posts, you can see your info.

thanks.jpg

I assume we can redeem these points for pedometers and stuff? :rolleyes:

Best part: Your reputation on this post is Somewhat Positive.

Last edited:
It shows up in your usercp, the user control panel. But you cant see who its from.

You also cant tell if the thanks is earnest or sarcastic.

As a point of assistance, all your jokes produce eye rolling by everyone. I took a secret poll with a sweepstakes. The winner got a bag of butterscotch chips from Amazon.

Well, probably not sarcastic as their are two choices, a thank you and a disapprove option.

Yeah, now we just have to fix that anonymity problem so I'll know who's sending me all these "guess who?"'s and the bad jokes.

You should be able to see who left comments now.

(so if you leave any for me, make 'em really good)

Back
Top Bottom