Trouble accessing this forum at times

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Occasionally and intermittently, I have issues accessing this forum via my desktop PC.

This just happened (once again), starting last night about 1am until a few minutes ago. I had been able to access the forum via PC about an hour earlier, and had not done anything (like powering down/up, downloading software, etc.) in the meantime that might have caused something to change

I was getting a message: "No site configured at this address" :confused:

However, I was able to access the forum via my Android tablet which shares the same wireless router.

Any ideas on what might be the cause of (and solution to) this issue?

omni

Hey, thanks, rbmrtn.

Will keep that in mind for the next time it occurs.

omni

Try clearing the browser cache/temp file etc. That usually gets it.

I can't get access to ER forum on my mac. The opening page comes up for a second or two, then goes away. I can still on using my phone, but posting is a challenge. I cleared cache but no improvement. Thanks for any help!

If you run Firefox browser you could try to rule out a 'cookie' problem by temporarily trying it in a "private window".

From the menu structure, File-New Private Window will open a private window in Firefox. The private window acts as if all your prior cookies have been cleared before the session, then clears any new ones out after the session.

-gauss

If you run Firefox browser you could try to rule out a 'cookie' problem by temporarily trying it in a "private window".

From the menu structure, File-New Private Window will open a private window in Firefox. The private window acts as if all your prior cookies have been cleared before the session, then clears any new ones out after the session.

-gauss

Thanks! It worked on Firefox. Maybe I will just log in from there. I tried again, and it would not work from Safari, but going through Firefox would be fine. Thanks again. :)

I used to have some problems with not getting to this site, can't remember if that's the message I was getting. I called my ISP and they suggested rebooting the router, and that would generally work. I started having more issues and replaced my wireless router. Still had problems, and then thought to adjust the MTU size. See this page for details: Find your correct MTU size | Community Site

The only thing I did differently was to reduce the MTU value by 100 until it worked, then up it by 50 and then up or down by less until I hit the largest value that worked.

Once I did this everything has been working well for me.

Back
Top Bottom