View threads you have subscribed to...

Andy R

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
Based on your feedback it seems that many of you utilize the the feature that shows you the threads that you have posted to. You can can do this in the new software by using the subscribe threads feature.

You can adjust your subscription settings in your User Control Panel (UserCP) from the link at the top of the page labeled UserCP, alternately you can click here. Then you need to click on the Edit Options link on the left hand side.

Once there you can choose the type of thread subscription feature you would like (see attachment). They include options for being notified of responses via email also.

Once you have selected the setting you would like, your will be subscribed to threads based on your preference. You can also subscribe to threads you have not posted to (if you want to keep track of them). To do that simply choose the Thread Tools drop down at the top of each thread (see attachment) and select subscribe to this thread.

To view the threads that you have posted to (are subscribed to) you can do this two ways. The first is to open your User Control Panel (UserCP) from the link at the top of the page labeled UserCP. The threads that have been responded to will be listed there.

If you want to see a list of all the threads you are subscribed to then in the left hand column of the UserCP you will see an option for Thread Subscriptions. If you click there you will see all your subscriptions listed.

You can now also organize your subscriptions if you would like. That way if you want to group subscriptions together like withdrawal rates, investing strategies, or costs of ER then you can.

Attachments

• subscribe threads.gif
    subscribe threads.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 3
  • subscribe to thread.gif
    subscribe to thread.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 79
Is there a way to ignore a thread so it stops appearing every time you log on?

Is there a way to ignore a thread so it stops appearing every time you log on?
Let me make sure I understand you properly. You would like to completely hide a thread so you will not see it as your browse around the site... or, you don't want to see it in your subscriptions?

Let me make sure I understand you properly. You would like to completely hide a thread so you will not see it as your browse around the site... or, you don't want to see it in your subscriptions?

I think he means an 'ignore thread' option. I would certainly like one.

I'd like to completely hide the thread forever. For example, some of the political and religious threads get out of control, so I'd like an "ignore thread" feature to avoid seeing that particular thread whenever I click on "new posts."

I would like to stop the subscriptions and email notifications. I have set the page to "Do Not Subcribe", but I STILL get emails when someone posts to a new thread I posted on. HELP! This is driving me crazy. I don't want any email notifications at all. How do I do that?

Karen

I would like to stop the subscriptions and email notifications. I have set the page to "Do Not Subcribe", but I STILL get emails when someone posts to a new thread I posted on. HELP! This is driving me crazy. I don't want any email notifications at all. How do I do that?

Karen
Karen,

You can do this two ways. The first is to go to your Subscription Manager (link) in the User Control Panel (UserCP). Select all the threads (click the check box in the very top right, see attachment) then scroll to the bottom and select delete attachment (see attachment).

Alternately, you can send a message to the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page and we can then do this for you once we have a ticket open for this.

Regards,

Andy

Attachments

• select all.gif
    select all.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 29
  • delete subscription.gif
    delete subscription.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
Kaudrey.. this happened to me, too: I changed my user CP to "no e-mail notification" BUT it kept sending me notifications on the older threads -- the ones that were subscribed up to the point that I changed the default. It seemed like a bug, but it was doing what it thought it should do.

You should see that in your subscription folder there's a column for "Notification". I'll bet that some of your threads say "None" while older ones say "Instant". Clicking the check boxes and batch-changing the earlier offending threads as AndyR described above stopped the e-mails for me.

Thanks, AndyR, for setting up a Subscription Folder to capture threads we have posted to...

Kaudrey.. this happened to me, too: I changed my user CP to "no e-mail notification" BUT it kept sending me notifications on the older threads -- the ones that were subscribed up to the point that I changed the default. It seemed like a bug, but it was doing what it thought it should do.

You should see that in your subscription folder there's a column for "Notification". I'll bet that some of your threads say "None" while older ones say "Instant". Clicking the check boxes and batch-changing the earlier offending threads as AndyR described above stopped the e-mails for me.

Thanks, AndyR, for setting up a Subscription Folder to capture threads we have posted to...

Thanks to both of you. I have 0 subscriptions and the no-notification checked off, so hopefully, that should do it.

I love these forums, I just don't need to know every time someone posts! :)

Karen

Back
Top Bottom