Viewing Ignored Threads

RunningBum

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
There is a nice utility off the User CP for viewing threads I've ignored, https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/cis_manage_threads.php

I would like to see two improvements to it:

1) Include threads ignored because I've got the thread creator on ignore. I purposefully chose this option, but I would like the ability to see those threads, if for no other reason, to avoid creating a duplicate thread as I did recently. Right now the only ignored threads I see are the threads I have explicitly ignored.

2) If possible, show the latest ignored threads first, so that I can more quickly see recent threads I've ignored for whatever reason. Just like when viewing a forum I see the most recent threads, I'd like this order for ignored threads.

Thanks for your consideration.

:confused: I still see threads created by an ignored poster. I’m usually looking at the recent posts view.

No response from an admin on this?

Somewhat related: I may have missed it, but I don't see a way to ignore threads while using the mobile (iOS) app. I think that's done through "Thread Tools" on the web interface, but the tools seem limited on the app.

One feature on the app I find very useful is marking a post as "read" by pressing it while on the preview/summary listing. Kind of like an "ignore lite" when you know you're not interested.

Last edited:
Somewhat related: I may have missed it, but I don't see a way to ignore threads while using the mobile (iOS) app. I think that's done through "Thread Tools" on the web interface, but the tools seem limited on the app.

One feature on the app I find very useful is marking a post as "read" by pressing it while on the preview/summary listing. Kind of like an "ignore lite" when you know you're not interested.
Please start a separate thread on this if you wish for it to be looked at. I don't want my request getting lost in favor of yours, especially since I had no response in 4 weeks until I raised it again.

:confused: I still see threads created by an ignored poster. I’m usually looking at the recent posts view.

Might be common knowledge, but just thought I'd also mention that on non-ignored threads, If someone who isn't ignored quotes an ignored person, the quote isn't ignored.

That's when I may resort to scrolling down faster to skip the post :cool:.

Sorry, at this time we are intentionally not developing any new features for this forum platform. It's aging and we need an upgrade to one of the newer/nicer platforms. Easily said but hard to do because of the stuff we have added like this ignore system. I hope we can get moved over to a new platform sometime in 2019.

Sorry, at this time we are intentionally not developing any new features for this forum platform. It's aging and we need an upgrade to one of the newer/nicer platforms. Easily said but hard to do because of the stuff we have added like this ignore system. I hope we can get moved over to a new platform sometime in 2019.

Just FYI, but this forum has some nice features:

https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/about-physics-forums/

Modernization (2014-2016) The decision to move from vBulletin to Xenforo was made. ...

I had to check, it does have "ignore" (I don't use it), and it marks the OP if they post later in the thread, which I really like. And quoting a post includes the quotes within that post (something that drives me nuts here, it drops the internal quote, and it takes copy/paste and potential errors).

And you can type "@username" to send a notification (if enabled on user end), that the user was mentioned in that post. They tend to use it there to alert the known 'experts' in that field that there is a post they may want to respond to.

I don't post there much, mainly read, so there may be other limitations that aren't coming to mind at the moment. But worth a look. I'd guess that the admin there, Greg, would be open to providing some feedback to you.

-ERD50

I had to check, it does have "ignore" (I don't use it), and it marks the OP if they post later in the thread, which I really like. And quoting a post includes the quotes within that post (something that drives me nuts here, it drops the internal quote, and it takes copy/paste and potential errors).

And you can type "@username" to send a notification (if enabled on user end), that the user was mentioned in that post. They tend to use it there to alert the known 'experts' in that field that there is a post they may want to respond to.

I don't post there much, mainly read, so there may be other limitations that aren't coming to mind at the moment. But worth a look. I'd guess that the admin there, Greg, would be open to providing some feedback to you.

Thanks for your feedback and the link. Looks like a nice setup. We have been waiting for v2. It's been out for a year and v2.1 is now out. I think the time is right to start planning for a change.

Back
Top Bottom