Firecalc 3.0 results graph all wacky

willywonka

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi,
I just discovered last night, although it could have been this way for a few days, that the once beautiful results plot is un-readable. It's displaying lots of numeric values in the plot area, and a dense thicket of vertical black lines which approximate the envelope of the plotted scenarios and appear to be composed of numeric values. I have tried it on multiple PCs, with Firefox and with Internet Explorer with the same results. Anyone else seeing this?

graph.jpg

I am getting similar results on a Mac with OS 10.5.8 and Safari 4.0.4 browser

I'm having the problem too. It's very recent problem. I use FireCalc often, and this was new in the past couple days.

Mac 10.5.8 with Firefox. I didn't change anything.

Could the FireCalc keeper start a sticky "FireCalc Recent Changes" thread, or would this be asking too much?

Guys this clearly has *nothing* to do with what browser or OS you are running. I suspect it has something to do with PHP/SWF charts which Dory uses to draw the charts. On their website they are saying to check out new Version 5, perhaps their update caused FIREcalc to display bizarre charts.

Thanks for the quick response...it did seem to surface about the same time as the popups asking if I wanted to update my flash player. Was it related to that?

I believe I am seeing a glitch now. It seems that when I include a pension down below under "Other income / spending" it is being indexed for inflation regardless of whether or not I tick the inflation box. At least this is what I am seeing when I select the 30 year option and look at the XL sheet.

OK I have tested this thoroughly and am still seeing this. In fact, my wife and I both have non-COLA'd pesnsions - when I tick the adjust for inflation box for one and not the other they both get adjusted for inflation according to the Excel sheets generated by FIREcalc. If I am correct here and non-COLA'd pesnsions get the benefit of COLA there are going to be a lot of unhappy retirees a few decades from now....

Would appreciate someone either confirming the bug or telling me what I am doing wrong!

Hi Chemist
Since this is not at all related to the "wacky graph" description, this would probably justify a new thread under FIRECALC Support with its own title, (maybe something like: "Major non-COLA'd pension bug") . Then it would get more visibility and maybe a faster response.

Back
Top Bottom