Firecalc - Total portfolio question

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Over 60% of my portfolio is in my tax deferred accounts. Let's say my total portfolio is 1M, what am I supposed to enter for the portfolio column on the "Start Here" page?

You enter 1M. Firecalc doesn't take into account the tax consequence differences between withdrawing from a taxable or tax-deferred account. You'll have to figure out the taxes yourself.

$1M. Firecalc does not do anything with taxes, you need to do that on your own as part of your expenses.

-ERD50

Thank you all for your help!

Gotadimiple,

I will definitely try i-orp.

Thank you very much on Fidelity. I do have an account there, and I use it every so often in conjuction with other planners (Vanguard and Firecalc) sometimes with different scenarios (changing the retirement year, etc) - I'd say both fidelity and vanguard are pretty comprehensive.

Thank you very much on Fidelity. I do have an account there, and I use it every so often in conjuction with other planners (Vanguard and Firecalc) sometimes with different scenarios (changing the retirement year, etc) - I'd say both fidelity and vanguard are pretty comprehensive.

Vanguard has a comprehensive planner? Are you referring to FINANCIAL ENGINES or does Vanguard have something else?

Thanks

Vanguard has a comprehensive planner? Are you referring to FINANCIAL ENGINES or does Vanguard have something else?

Thanks
Sorry, I meant the financial engines that take you out of VG, but you can get there from VG...

Back
Top Bottom