Join Early Retirement Today

Good News - FireCalc UPDATED
Old 09-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
gone traveling

Good News - FireCalc UPDATED

I noticed today when bringing up FireCalc that this text has been added to the top of the screens:

"(Data updated 9/8/2013)"

Looks like someone is paying attention?
LakeTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
gone traveling

I wonder what that statement actually means, since if you try to download your results into Excel, it only shows up to the year 2011?

Maybe that's just a bug with the download portion, and it does actually calculate 2012-2013 data.
bo_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Yes, when I give it 1980 as a start year, the spreadsheet covers the 30 years from 1980 to 2009. But when I enter 1983 or 1984, the 30 years are 1982 to 2011, and the data is the same.

So it's really hard to say. Though it does report 113 cycles tested, that seems to match, but I can't count that many lines to know for sure.

I probably have some specific average min/max data from some runs from earlier years - those should show a slight difference, if I copy/pasted it to the dollar. I'll see if I can check those later.

But the spreadsheet would be nice to have.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

I believe it goes through 2012. If you get a spreadsheet showing each cycle, the last cycle is 1983 which would mean that the last year of data would be for 2012.
Katsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeow View Post
I believe it goes through 2012. If you get a spreadsheet showing each cycle, the last cycle is 1983 which would mean that the last year of data would be for 2012.
Yes, I see now that the other spreadsheet that only includes end of year balance, w/o any other details does cover everything. Thanks.

Still be nice to have the other spreadsheet working, for digging into details of a specific cycle.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote