Great calculator but need advice

tlk5353

Confused about dryer sheets
I have used this calculator for years - been awhile since I used it and when I went in yesterday I was unable to find how to produce the year by year columns rather than the graph. How do I see and print the year by year details? Thanks

the missing link.?? Sorry I guess since this is the firecalc forum it must be firecalc. And REwahoo posted what I found when I looked.
Trouble for me is that I don't have excel it didn't seem to work. But I may just be having trouble finding download folder.

Last edited:
Thanks - but after input I click on investigate and then display results. I get a list of the input numbers but not the year by year numbers I use to be able to display

On the Results page you should see the following:

Open an (unformatted) Excel spreadsheet showing the inflation-adjusted end-of-year portfolio balances for every year in each of the cycles tested by FIRECalc.

Click the link to display.

my apologies but when I go to results page I see no option for spreadsheet or anything like you describe

no not logged in - never had to before - I will try that - thanks

logged in and got to the excel spreadsheet. Very difficult to read or follow compared to previous option when I last used firecalc. So there is no way to show in a clear format the year by year balances, etc.?

The only columns I know that show up on firecalc.com is if you click on "What happens if you retire in any of several years between now and <?> years from now" in the investigate tab...

that is interesting - as mentioned I used this for years for clients and myself as recently as early in this current year. When you displayed your results it would show a year by year column of starting balance, income withdrawal, interest earned, and ending balance.

The in year two it would show the same adjusted by the inflation figure input. It would do the same year by year for the 30 year period (or whatever life expectancy input). So at the end of the 30 year period it would show balance left in that year, inflation adjusted income needed, etc. Very easy to follow and read. Now all I can find is several paragraphs followed by a graph. Unsure why they would change it that radically.

Since you use this for clients... I hope you have contributed to the ongoing support of the tool. I use it for personal use, but found enough value to free up a few spare dollars to donate. (And I'm notoriously cheap.)

that is interesting - as mentioned I used this for years for clients and myself as recently as early in this current year. When you displayed your results it would show a year by year column of starting balance, income withdrawal, interest earned, and ending balance.

The in year two it would show the same adjusted by the inflation figure input. It would do the same year by year for the 30 year period (or whatever life expectancy input). So at the end of the 30 year period it would show balance left in that year, inflation adjusted income needed, etc. Very easy to follow and read. Now all I can find is several paragraphs followed by a graph. Unsure why they would change it that radically.

Were you actually using another calculator? ******** appears to do what you are talking about. (Pulled it up to look at and remembered this thread)

Back
Top Bottom