Link To This Set of Data

Rustward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I run a FireCalc scenario entering the data on the initial FireCalc page and various tabs. The results seem to be normal. On the results page, I right click "Link To This Set Of Data" and "Add To Favorites". When I try to enter FireCalc through the Favorite I get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at firecalc.com Port 80

Tried it with both IE and Chrome. Probably not browser-related. :confused:

Not sure what the problem is. I just tried it and it works for me.

Rustward....

I'm having the same issue. I've saved several FireCalc scenarios but when I try to access them now, the same "forbidden" message returns.

Are you signed in on FIRECalc when you try?

Not sure as I'm clicking on a saved link in my favorites directory. These worked last week but now don't.

Rustward....

I'm having the same issue. I've saved several FireCalc scenarios but when I try to access them now, the same "forbidden" message returns.

Thanks for confirming. Googling the message, it appears to be something with the server. Out of my control.

I get the error too:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at firecalc.com Port 80

Chromium 12.0.742.112 (90304); Ubuntu 10.04

Same thing on DW's MacBookPro OS10.5; Safari

-ERD50

Are you signed in on FIRECalc when you try?

No - even though I did make a modest donation and got something back from Dory, I don't think I ever got the sign in to work, and I've never used it. But I have saved the links many times in the past.

-ERD50

Last edited:
Rustward....

Would you be willing to try again? I think this is fixed now... :flowers:

Would you be willing to try again? I think this is fixed now... :flowers:

Working for me now - thanks!

Also, I think the investigate tab was not working for me in Chromium, and that now works.

-ERD50

Still getting the same error. :(

Hmm odd. Can you clear your cache (browsing history) and try again? If you still have trouble I will need some info about what browser you are using and what if any security scheme you are running. I may also need aspirin... ;)

Hmm odd. Can you clear your cache (browsing history) and try again? If you still have trouble I will need some info about what browser you are using and what if any security scheme you are running. I may also need aspirin... ;)

Go for the aspirin.

Cleared cache (sometimes clears up things like this) -- same result.

IE 8 Version 8.0.6001.18702
Chrome 13.0.782.215

NAV 2011 (but I did a test with Norton temporarily disabled and got same result -- both browsers)

This is just an inconvenience, but it would be nice to have it fixed.

Still having this but I have to admit that tinkering with it is not high on my list. Am getting this on all PC's in the house -- even the brand new one that arrived last week, so I am thinking it must be something with my ISP or modem/router. I have tried this feature on other PC's (located elsewhere) and it seems to work. I guess it's not a big deal either way.

Try emailing the link to yourself, instead of saving the link, and see if that link works for you.

That works for me.

I just keep a notepad file with a list of each of the entries I put into each space and tab in FIRECalc. I tell myself that's a good thing, because it forces me to reevaluate the numbers every time I run FIRECalc. ;)

I've noticed that data sets I've saved in the past give me the Forbidden 404 Error. But if I plug in my numbers again and save the "link to this set of data", it works.

Back
Top Bottom