2 Mos to early retire and wife diagnosed with breast cancer, we

Brother I hear you. My wife got the news about a year after I retired. Stage 2 means no longer interductal? No lymph node involvement is huge. Our GP gave us the greatest advice we ever got - if she isn't breastfeeding anymore go for the double mastectomy. You'll be paranoid about the other breast forever and the reconstructive surgery now is fantastic. You won't get the all-clear until they do the lymph biopsy after the mastectomy. If you caught it early you're good. Good luck.

I'm sorry to hear this my wife had breast cancer at 39 about the same as your numbers did chemo and radiation. She had a double mastectomy in September will be 5 years she is running 10 miles a day. She is Doing great it very difficult just need to stay positive.

Checking in on you, Hiredgun. How is everything going? I'm guessing that maybe you are starting to formulate a plan. Keeping you and your DW in my thoughts and prayers.

Regarding cancer treatments, perhaps I am ignorant but I thought for most cases, the initial treatment is somewhat standardized.

Don't they all start out with common drugs for chemotherapy and standard surgical procedures? And then, when you really need to get into the clinical trials that it becomes more important to try the latest experimental drugs?

Don't they all start out with common drugs for chemotherapy and standard surgical procedures? And then, when you really need to get into the clinical trials that it becomes more important to try the latest experimental drugs?
When my late wife was dying of lung cancer I researched experimental tests.........the one thing they all had in common was that patients who had already undergone chemo were ineligible.....presumably because they didn't want 'outside factors' skewing the results of the trials.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom