Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
TJ's also has whole milk European style yogurt which is good, though not the best I have tasted of the commercial brands.
Trader Joe's European Style Chocolate yogurt is excellent ... as a dessert item. The grocey store brand called Siggi's is also lightly sweetened compared to the competition and can be a tasty dessert. To me plain yogurt is just fine unsweetened or with berries or other fruit, but I agree, most of the pre-sweetened stuff is just horribly sweet. Sweetness is a matter of what you are used to, just like salt.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDone View Post
I agree, most of the pre-sweetened stuff is just horribly sweet. Sweetness is a matter of what you are used to, just like salt.
But, it is low-fat! So it must be heart healthy.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Has he ever been to one of the stores that actually makes them on site? If he likes Krispy Kreme doughnuts, he won't believe how much better a fresh one right off "the line" is. It's pretty unbelievable...I was shocked. The only one I've seen was in Riverside CA (if it's still there), I'd never go back in there, too dangerous...
Oh, yeah. When we drive by, he almost breaks his neck trying to see if the "Hot Now" sign is lit.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeirce View Post
Since I'm being a pest ;-)

Also note that in the original article in Mother Jones they are using the "Original Glazed" donut from Krispy Creme. It's by far the lowest calorie donut they sell at 190 calories and 10 g of sugar.

And their only good donut IMO. Hot off the conveyor belt is ridiculously amazing.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.

I have to have a donut the second they finish making them. I ate one that had been sitting around for a short while and it wasn't the same. Defeated the purpose of eating a raised donut. The texture was different. But I don't eat many donuts anyway.

Cheers!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #26
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

But, but that is my favorite sandwich at Subway.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Has he ever been to one of the stores that actually makes them on site? If he likes Krispy Kreme doughnuts, he won't believe how much better a fresh one right off "the line" is. It's pretty unbelievable...I was shocked.
Well yeah I have, it was very disappointing in fact it was almost disgusting! I went after work one evening and they were being made I watched and they were warm and they were sweet. Sickeningly sweet. I bought 2 or 3 glazed but wished I hadn't spent so much time going there vs just driving home as it was about 7 pm in the evening! I had a few here and there as they were a novelty having just opened 2 stores in the state and people would bring in a dozen every now and again.

That was years ago and I haven't had one since and I wouldn't want one either. I like sweet stuff but they were just so sweet they were terrible. YYMV.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #28

I wonder how much the writer got paid for the article.