Join Early Retirement Today

A very weird diet.....
Old 01-08-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

A very weird diet.....

Man On Weird Fad Diet Where He Eats Flavorful Meals That Make Him Feel Good - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
“Andrew’s on this weird thing where he can only eat food that’s made with fresh ingredients and that leaves him feeling healthy and energetic,”
What's amazing is that we live in a culture where an article like this is supposed to be a funny comment on life.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The Onion piece could use a little salt, courtesy of August Engelhardt, a sun-worshipping German nudist and history's most radical cocovore. A true life, whole food diet story with no need for embroidery.

Quote:
Engelhardt was especially taken by Gustav Schlickeysen's 1877 dietary treatise, Fruit and Bread: A Scientific Diet. Influenced by Darwinism, the book claimed that since the natural food of apes was uncooked food and grain, that was also "the proper food for man."
Engelhardt took it even further: For him, even bread and fruit were tainted. In his mind, the only immaculate and mystical fleshpot was the coconut, with its snowy white meat and translucent water.
Death By Coconut: A Story Of Food Obsession Gone Too Far : The Salt : NPR
bjorn2bwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

So - are cheeseburgers and a cherry coke fad or mainstream?

heh heh heh - I coulda had a V8 right?
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

According to some it's easy to eat a combination of magic foods. It works!

As long as you eat less calories then your body burns you will generally lose weight. You might feel bad but you should drop pounds. Some folks have medical conditions that override CICO.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flavorful food diet